Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
has anyone explained to you that doctrine IS the only truth
Not every doctrine squeaky. Matthew 15: 9
Quote:
don't even think beyond what is written

Quote:
don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.
My response here would not be upbuilding, and I do not imagine necessary to those reading, so I will keep it to myself.
Quote:
Well I always have the support of the Holy Spirit when I give answers. Its called demonstrating the Spirit
What you have demonstrated, is that you know how to use a search engine, I have seen evidence of no more than that.

Back to the discussion, Do you think it matters if God reneges on a promise?

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:56 pm
@neologist,
Thanks I didn't know about that clicking on the name. Well it is pretty point blank. Heaven and earth will be burned up. But the Jews are still looking for a new heaven and a new earth. That could be referring to the new Jerusalem.

2 Pet 3:11-13
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:57 pm
@neologist,
Thanks I know I try.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:01 pm
@Smileyrius,
you said
Back to the discussion, Do you think it matters if God reneges on a promise?

I said
It wouldn't bother me at all. He is God. Its His way or the high way. With as many promises that man has broken and as many of Gods promises that He has kept. Who is so arrogant that they would criticize God for breaking ONE.
neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
With as many promises that man has broken and as many of Gods promises that He has kept. Who is so arrogant that they would criticize God for breaking ONE.
What if that promise were the one you relied on for your ticket to heaven? I submit the 'spirit' you rely on has done just that - and more.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:27 pm
@neologist,
Its obvious you haven't gotten rid of your imagination yet.

2 Cor 10:4-5
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(KJV)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 08:53 pm
You two are what the Word refers to as Intellectual Idiots. And yes there is a revelation on that one to. You won't believe until you see some sort of sign, and some sort of proof. And all God asks us to do is just believe what is written.
Now we are talking about the God that created the world and the heavens. If He tells me to believe something exists that doesn't exist, I'm going to believe Him.

Rom 4:17
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:31 pm
@Squeakybro,
I don't need a sign squeaky, I believe scripture, I just cannot unite what the bible says with what you use it to preach. You have much knowledge, I have no doubt of that, I also believe you are faithful, I can see that also, but my qualm is that you have yet to show a decent understanding of the scriptures you quote,

Let me put this caveat in, I pray for Holy Spirit, I study diligently, I meditate on and apply what I read, but I am aware that being wrong is a part of the imperfection of man. I am sometimes wrong, however I am not in Any way ignorant. I do not believe the same things that you do, differences are bound to happen and most of them are harmless, however some of your teachings I do not deem healthy or scripturally sound, which is why I question them, I have not set myself against you squeaky, though it may seem as such, I do however get the urge to defend scripture when I feel it is being twisted, misquoted or quoted out of context to support an exegesis.

Regardless of our differences, I do commend you on your faith.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:43 pm
@Smileyrius,
Very well said. One way you could look at it is. The Lord sent the disciples out two by two to different places. He didn't send them all to the same place. And He gave them the message to share. You seem to be a real Christian. I run across so many that will say anything just to try and prove me wrong. I know from experience what it is like to be persecuted because of my message. They seem to forget the revelations of Jesus Christ are not mine. They are Christ's.
neologist

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 11:49 pm
@Squeakybro,
Confirmation bias can shipwreck our faith. That's why Paul tells us to keep testing whether we are in the faith - 1 Corinthians 13:5; and why he reminds us that those who believe they are standing should beware that they do not fall - 1 Corinthians 10:12.

I don't doubt your love for God and the fervor of your belief. But I have serious doubts about your devotion to accuracy.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 05:44 am
@neologist,

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
lovely assortment of wisdom which seems impossible for morons to discern.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:24 pm
@GorDie,
Well we are all held liable for our own saivation. I cant do nothing about those who cant discern, that is between them and God.
0 Replies