Sin Acts Contrary To God

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 07:51 pm
@neologist,
Only for a little while

2 Pet 3:10-12
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:30 am
@Squeakybro,
and yet

Psalms 37: 28, 29
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:48 am
@Smileyrius,

Ps 37:28-29
28 For the LORD loves justice, and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell in it forever.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:6-8
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 09:44 am
@Squeakybro,
Sorry squeaky, excuse my ignorance, but was the promise I highlighted fulfilled? Isaiah 55: 11, Numbers 23:10
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 09:58 am
@Smileyrius,
Who cares? The old covenant or testament is obsolete.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

The definition of covenant is testament.

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 01:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
Why did your 'spirit' tell you to leave out verse. 13 - you know - the part about new heavens and new earth? Is there something your 'spirit' wishes to conceal from you? See Revelation 21:1

And, while we are considering these verses, do you think Peter might have been speaking symbolically? I ask since the 'heavens' often refer to goverments and the 'earth' to mankind separate from God.
neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 01:38 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Who cares? The old covenant or testament is obsolete.
You continue to blow that old horn in spite of having been instructed by me and Smiley of its origin.

Amazing
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 02:13 pm
@neologist,
Your going to have to be more specific. Its hard to know what your talking about. I posted verse 13.

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 02:14 pm
@neologist,
lolo I know. When I have a choice between believing any man, and believing the Holy Spirit. I always go with the Holy Spirit.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 03:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
and yet.

Every time the word scripture or text, or verse is used in the Christian Greek Scriptures, it is speaking about the Hebrew scriptures, the reason for which is very simple, the Christian Greek scriptures had not yet been written and compiled.

The reason that Satan does not quote new testament, is that the Christian Greek Scriptures had not yet been written and compiled.

The reason I know that the apostle Paul was not speaking about the Greek scriptures in 1 Timothy 3 15-18, is that the Christian Greek Scriptures had not yet been written and compiled.

Your spirit is telling you that the Hebrew scriptures are moot, and that it's writers were thieves and robbers (this is asserted by quoting scriptures out of context, with the odd translational bias). All this and yet the Hebrew scriptures were the sole material for the preaching and teaching work within the early Christian congregations.

Quote:
When I have a choice between believing any man, and believing the Holy Spirit. I always go with the Holy Spirit.

Id rather believe the word of scripture, than any man saying the holy spirit told him different...

When Jesus said under temptation, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
I would not be inclined to listen to a spirit that told me otherwise.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 03:17 pm
@Squeakybro,
who cares? I'm pretty sure God would.
Does God make a single promise that he does not keep?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 03:37 pm
@Smileyrius,
Ok you have an opinion. Can you prove anything you say with scripture? Otherwise its only your own opinion. And we KNOW that we are not suppose to trust our own opinions.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 03:39 pm
@Smileyrius,
If God cares why in the world would He make it obsolete?

(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Because your scripture is not speaking about the Hebrew scriptures. That is your interpretation according to your exegesis. You have entirely ignored Christain Greek scriptures relating to the Hebrew scriptures, and instead used scriptures relating to the Mosaic law covenant and misdirectedly applied them to the entirety of Gods written word until the writing of those texts.

It is your burden to seek truth over doctrine, beware that you are not misled.

Do you think it matters if God reneges on a promise?
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:25 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Ok you have an opinion. Can you prove anything you say with scripture? Otherwise its only your own opinion.

Show me a point that you would like me to show you a scriptural basis for, I am happy to discuss.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:46 pm
@Smileyrius,
lololol Has anyone explained to you that doctrine IS the only truth. If you knew the Holy Spirit He would explain it to you like this. The Word is the only truth, don't even think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.
You two have tried very hard to find fault with what I share. The only thing I can see that your not doing is looking inside yourselves for the fault. Because that is where it is.

John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:49 pm
@Squeakybro,
But, in this case, the 'spirit' is not holy. I'm sorry to say. When your 'spirit' lies, you should know better.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:49 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well I always have the support of the Holy Spirit when I give answers. Its called demonstrating the Spirit. You could try that some times. It might show that you have a little faith in the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Your (sic) going to have to be more specific. Its hard to know what your talking about. I posted verse 13.

(NKJ)
Try clicking on @squeaky at the top of the post, and you will discover wondrous things.
I was referrin to 2Peter 3:13 which you spuriously omitted.

You may like to read about "new heavens and new earth".
neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:07 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . don't even think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.
But this is what you do.