Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A god is a god is a god is a god.

Strange.

I guess that you are not aware that for most of out human history, the Goddesses ruled and not the male Gods of war.

Check the 20,000 years of our history before the Bronze age to confirm what I put.

Regards
DL
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:32 am
@Greatest I am,
Divert to discussions of gender if you like. It changes nothing on the ground.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Divert to discussions of gender if you like. It changes nothing on the ground.

The point was not so much gender but the fact that peace was about for most of that time.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:16 pm
@Greatest I am,
God never tortured a baby. He never murdered a baby. Can you tell me where, in the bible, it says he did that.
Krumple

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:19 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

God never tortured a baby. He never murdered a baby. Can you tell me where, in the bible, it says he did that.

The flood? Were there no babies during the flood story?

The killing of every first born male child in Egypt?

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Were there no babies in these cities?

Typical Christian ignorant of their Bible or in willful denial.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:54 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

The baby torture for 6 days before God finally killed it is a part of the King David myth, but for the higher numbers, just look at the murdered first born of Egypt or at the great flood.

Let me give even more on immoral atrocities provided by God.

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Xocolatl

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:30 am
@Christian0912,
Read the Bible, it's all right there. If you need more convincing:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is the most violent tyrant I have yet seen.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 05:43 pm
@Xocolatl,
Xocolatl wrote:

Read the Bible, it's all right there. If you need more convincing:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is the most violent tyrant I have yet seen.

Richard Dawkins would agree. So would any intelligent person who has a moral sense.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards
DL
Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:16 pm
@Greatest I am,
You claim you are Gnostic Christian but that's impossible unless you have knowledge that a god actually exists. And from your posts that doesn't seem likely.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:26 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

You claim you are Gnostic Christian but that's impossible unless you have knowledge that a god actually exists. And from your posts that doesn't seem likely.

I am possible.

If you are talking about a supernatural God, then no one has any knowledge of such a God. Gnostic Christians hold no supernatural beliefs.

When we were Chrestians, we called God, God the Good and Jesus, Jesus the good. They were only archetypes. Later, Gnostic Christians named their God I am, and yes, we meant ourselves.

We follow the more esoteric mystical Jesus that the church never quotes.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren

Since the Jesus we follow is his own God, when we buy into the Gnostic Christian ideology, we call ourselves God.

God being defined as the best rules and laws to live life by and we write those in our hearts and thus answer to no higher power.

Regards
DL

Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 09:50 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Krumple wrote:

I am possible.

If you are talking about a supernatural God, then no one has any knowledge of such a God. Gnostic Christians hold no supernatural beliefs.

When we were Chrestians, we called God, God the Good and Jesus, Jesus the good. They were only archetypes. Later, Gnostic Christians named their God I am, and yes, we meant ourselves.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren

Since the Jesus we follow is his own God, when we buy into the Gnostic Christian ideology, we call ourselves God.

God being defined as the best rules and laws to live life by and we write those in our hearts and thus answer to no higher power.

Regards
DL

Interesting but I'm sure you freak out a lot of other Christians by that explanation.

Alan Watts often discussed such ideas being raised Catholic turned zen philosopher. He often spoke about the idea that the original point of Christian theology was to accomplish the same thing Jesus had. But either by politics or ignorance the original concept got muddied and obscured.

He also entertains the idea that God destroyed itself in the process of creating the universe and within that destruction the development of all consciousnesses are god themselves but are not aware of it. Sort of like if you had a single large diamond that was smashed into trillions of small bits. Each piece make up the original whole but are diamonds of themselves still.

He was fearless discussing the conundrums within Christian theology with well thought out explanations showing their consequences and difficulty. He was the last truly honest Christian philisopher.

If you haven't heard if him I bet you would enjoy he lectures.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:59 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Quote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Krumple wrote:

I am possible.

Regards
DL

Interesting but I'm sure you freak out a lot of other Christians by that explanation.

Gnostic Christians always have freaked out Catholics and other Christians. That is why Christians tried and failed to decimate us and burn all of our scriptures.

Quote:
Alan Watts often discussed such ideas being raised Catholic turned zen philosopher. He often spoke about the idea that the original point of Christian theology was to accomplish the same thing Jesus had. But either by politics or ignorance the original concept got muddied and obscured.

Indeed. Christianity took an archetypal good man, Jesus, and made him into the prick that Yahweh is shown to be by tying Jesus to that idiotic Trinity concept.
Quote:

He also entertains the idea that God destroyed itself in the process of creating the universe and within that destruction the development of all consciousnesses are god themselves but are not aware of it. Sort of like if you had a single large diamond that was smashed into trillions of small bits. Each piece make up the original whole but are diamonds of themselves still.

Careful my friend. Those are Gnostic Christian ideas. We believe in the oneness of all and that is why we are Universalists as opposed to Christians and Muslims who need a hell for God's rejects. Strange that they would rather see their God torture and kill instead of cure the afflicted.

That is a hint to their immorality.
Quote:

He was fearless discussing the conundrums within Christian theology with well thought out explanations showing their consequences and difficulty. He was the last truly honest Christian philisopher.

If you haven't heard if him I bet you would enjoy he lectures.

I know and respect the man.

Here is my favorite link of Alan Watts that speaks more for the Gnostic Christian view than most of the Christian views. It is in an old O.P. but I will give it in case you wish to listen to a good Gnostic Christian by the name of Timothy Freke.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

P.S.Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose the cash they fleece from their sheeple.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:19 pm
Man: "Lord, why do you allow such cruelty and suffering?"
G-d: "Why do you?"
Krumple

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:30 pm
@kk4mds,
kk4mds wrote:

If god created everything, then god created the system for suffering to exist. Therefore god is solely responsible for all suffering. Humans didn't create the universe or it's laws, disease, or illnesses. So how can humans be responsible for cancer? If a god exists and it created everything then it is 100% responsible for these things. You can't claim god is benevolent and at the same time suggest it's benevolent to have a five year old stricken with cancer and dies a horrible death of unnecessary suffering.

The fact is more like there isn't a god at all. The way things are do not place any importance on human existence which is why there is disease, cancer and other illnesses.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:49 pm
@kk4mds,
kk4mds wrote:

Exactly. We have more power than imaginary Gods.

Regards
DL
0 Replies