Do you think God wants less for his children than what you want for yours?

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:04 am

Most Christians think that God created man to be subservient to him. We are to love honor and most of all obey and serve his wants and needs forever as his heavenly children.

As a son, I strained to do better than my father. This came naturally and thus I think most people do the same. We all want our parents to be proud of us.

As a father myself, I want my children to do as well as I have and then do better than what I have done. That to me would be the ideal. That eventually places my children above me, --- where they belong. This is natural and desirable.

I would not force my children beneath me and would reject any God who would not have his children exceed whatever he is.

Do you want your children to exceed your achievements?

Let me assume that you would not hold your children back and do want then to exceed whatever you are.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 464 • Replies: 3
No top replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:24 pm
@Greatest I am,
I was a really great power lifter.
I could care less if my kids or grand kids exceeded me.
Unless they wanted to. I could coach them
I was a durned good sidewalk hawker.
My kids and grandkids can work at whatever the heck they want.

I'd hate to have them exceed me in broken bones, scars, and financial debacles, though I believe I came through them a better person.

I didn't exceed my father financially, though I could lift him overhead with one hand. I finished his crossword puzzles. He bragged about me to his co workers. Go figure.

But God. . . He has this huge management responsibility. To help a zillion artists with their skills. I mostly wish to develop my skill with knots in rope and cord. A 5 by 14 turks head is fun for me. God has a universe of fiery suns to keep straight. I wish to sit by a campfire and play harmonica with family and friends. I'm sure God could do all things I ever did with greater aplomb, but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to be the best I can be.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:49 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I was a really great power lifter.
I could care less if my kids or grand kids exceeded me.
Unless they wanted to. I could coach them
I was a durned good sidewalk hawker.
My kids and grandkids can work at whatever the heck they want.

I'd hate to have them exceed me in broken bones, scars, and financial debacles, though I believe I came through them a better person.

I didn't exceed my father financially, though I could lift him overhead with one hand. I finished his crossword puzzles. He bragged about me to his co workers. Go figure.

But God. . . He has this huge management responsibility. To help a zillion artists with their skills. I mostly wish to develop my skill with knots in rope and cord. A 5 by 14 turks head is fun for me. God has a universe of fiery suns to keep straight. I wish to sit by a campfire and play harmonica with family and friends. I'm sure God could do all things I ever did with greater aplomb, but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to be the best I can be.

And I am sure you want no less for your children.

That is the point of the O.P. To show that God is less responsible than men.

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:03 pm
@Greatest I am,
I don't see where you have made your point.
0 Replies