Joe Cocker dies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 05:38 am
@Ragman,
No. You're thinking of Al Roker and he was in Tangerine Dream. Common mistake.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 05:40 am
@ossobuco,
osso - when left alone by directors, he was brilliant. I was really angry when he died.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
@glitterbag,
I bought a ticket - (one of the relatively few who bothered) and didn't go because I figured it would be a bust. And hitchhiking at 17 that far from Ohio seemed daunting. And I've lost that ticket somewhere in the mist of the years.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I need to clarify army buddies, I was a civilian but worked with ASA men, They planned to go and it's all they could talk about. Hearing the music sounded like heaven, standing in the rain and using porta-potty's didn't sound at all like heaven. Since we were all about the same age, we were work buddies. I was never a member of the armed forces.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
I already knew that. One of my wife's covers was Defense Dept, also Dept of the Army, State Dept.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
When I say I was missing, those were the years I never slept, school and work together and then studying for boards, me already middle aged, always working even in the middle of the night including if asleep, plus being married, trying to not have the front yard catapult into a large space of giant weeds, both of us zoned in on stuff. Not that I'm sorry about any of that, but that was around when I stopped with knowing the latest music, tv, and so on.

Glad to catch up on Belushi, tnx also to Chai.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I bought a ticket - (one of the relatively few who bothered) and didn't go because I figured it would be a bust. And hitchhiking at 17 that far from Ohio seemed daunting. And I've lost that ticket somewhere in the mist of the years.

OMG, I know that young people attended that concert, but I wouldn't have hitch hiked either. And I was not going to be the only female in a van driven by a bunch of Vietnam nam vets, we worked together, I loved those guys, but I'm not stupid. But we had fun talking about their experience until security arrived at the door, announced 3 names, and marched them out of the building. They signed a petition that stated they fought in Vietnam Nam and were opposed to the war. It was a sobering moment for me.
0 Replies