School shooting in my old home town

BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The homicide rate is still 5 times as low.

If you subtract the homicides due to intercity drug gangs in the US our homicide rate is similar to your.

It not guns but the war on drugs that are driving the homicide rate in the US.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:47 pm
@BillRM,
Total bullshit. It's 5 times as much, why guns. I know you think black deaths don't count, but they do.
BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 06:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I know you think black deaths don't count, but they do.

Wrong I think that pumping billions of dollars a year into black communities in drug trade business and limiting poor black men chance to earn good livings in legal ways is the problem of our homicide rate not firearms or lack of harsh firearms laws.

Mexico have all kinds of very very harsh firearms laws however it had not even slow the murders rate in that nation thank to the US making drugs illegal so there are limitless funding to arms the mexico drug gangs.

We need to make the fairly harmless drugs legal and deal with the worst drugs as more of a public health matter not as a criminal matter.

That along with taking the money we would save on chasing drugs gangs around to fund programs that would grant poor black men a better chance at life such as first class education at the pre-college level and at the college level.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 06:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
What is your job at the gun show ?
I sell survival equipment, fire starters, knives , stoves, etc.
neologist

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 07:19 pm
Latest of what I have heard, unofficially.
Shooter was a popular member of an influential tribal family.
My oldest daughter worked for the grandfather for a while after graduating from Marysville-Pilchuck. That was before shooter was even born.
Shooter had many relatives in and out of the tribe, including a cousin who was grandchild of another friend of our family. He had just left the lunch room before the shooting started.

Naturally, my own grandchildren and I have begun to ruminate over what mental process would lead a seemingly well adjusted youngster to define himself to the point of accepting murder/suicide. It sickens me to think of my own as either victims or, worse, perpetrators.

For what it's worth, we have considered James 1: 14, 15
Quote:
But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.
"You can't stop a bird from flying over your head; but you can prevent him from building a nest in your hair."

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 07:23 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Any of the teachers or staffers in this school trained and armed?.
Not that I know of. But one unarmed teacher reportedly attempted to end the incident. More information is needed as to what, when, how.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:05 pm
@neologist,

OmSigDAVID wrote:
neologist wrote:
Guns r survival equipment. Do u sell guns ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:08 pm
@neologist,
farmerman wrote:
Any of the teachers or staffers in this school trained and armed?.
neologist wrote:
Not that I know of.
But one unarmed teacher reportedly attempted to end the incident.
More information is needed as to what, when, how.
If thay were Indians,
then were thay un-armed without tomahawks,
as distinct from being without guns ?
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
and to think I called you a racist. How wrong was I, youre just an old doddering idiot who cant tell the difference between lame attempts at humor and card-carrying racism (AT least I hope).
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
neologist wrote:
OmSigDavid wrote:
If it goes bang, I never am sure which end is which. Laughing
Actually, I am constantly amazed at the depth of knowledge these buyers and sellers have about those bullet thingeys, and would certainly lose my shirt if I were to participate in that market. But. If you need to know how to light a fire, come visit the University of Pyromania*. Class is always in session at my table.

* PU, for short
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 12:30 am
@neologist,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
neologist wrote:
OmSigDavid wrote:
neologist wrote:
If it goes bang, I never am sure which end is which. Laughing
Actually, I am constantly amazed at the depth of knowledge
these buyers and sellers have about those bullet thingeys,
If u r going to BET YOUR LIFE ON THEM,
then u shud find out about them, right???? Yes??

Guns r EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT, for use in emergencies.

David
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 12:05 pm
If this gets any closer, I will start looking over my shoulder:
My son in law used to date the mother of Zoe Galasso, who died at the scene.
BillRM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 12:13 pm
@neologist,
The story is interesting as the shooter was not a lone wolf outsider and it is claimed that he text his victims to join him at lunch where he open fired on them.

Some comments concerning girl trouble or being rejected by a girl but lord opening fired on long term friends and even family members over a girl!

I wonder if they will find a brain tumor or such like they did for the sniper on the Texas tower long ago.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 03:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Actually, I was referring to the relative values of the multitude of firearms. I was joking about which end to point. I'm a fair marksman.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 04:16 pm

I wish that the victims
had been BETTER ARMED than the murderer, instead of obaying gun control laws.

The penalty for obaying gun control laws is DEATH, with no appeal.
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I wish that the victims
had been BETTER ARMED than the murderer, instead of obaying gun control laws.

The penalty for obaying gun control laws is DEATH, with no appeal.
Yeah, but David. These victims were 14 year old kids. Are you advocating possession of firearms by children?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:19 pm
Neo, I've read this thread off and on, and see I didn't post. Probably too busy muttering to myself.

My empathy for you and yours and your communities and the families - the families! - tribal groups, the intermixed community, all of it.

Could we veer off for a bit from the usual a2k gun discussions to how the communities are doing? Not to make you roving reporter, but I'm interested.
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:50 pm
@ossobuco,
There is more information on the internet than I could possible keep track of. What I can do is post the little things- observations by friends and family, etc.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:24 pm
@neologist,
I hope you do, and of course no obligation.

My last home town area made me aware of a lot. I was involved in designs with a multi tribal counsel group.. A lot of meetings so we could draw something up.
My point is that I am interested, not about design but how this all goes on.

My answer is that guns are proliferating.
BillRM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My answer is that guns are proliferating.

The last I check there are over 300 millions guns in private hands in the US and that number had been kind of constant for some time now.

In fact, I would need to look it up once more to be sure but if memory service me correctly the percent of total households with firearms in them have been going down slightly not up.

footnote the overall homicide rate in the US is at a many decades low right now also.
0 Replies