Which Top 40 Corporate Music Chick Do YOU Like Best?

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:11 pm
1) Britney: Hard worker with a strong touch of the crazy, with slim talent

2) Katy Perry: nice tits, Willing to be strange, with enough Autotune and practice can put on a good show.

3) Rihanna: Keeps working on her voice, a touch of the crazy, fiercely independent, lots of bad career moves.

4) Aguilera: a real bitch but she can sing, and she has reinvented herself many times into a long running career

5) Mariah Carey: nice tits, strong touch of the crazy, used to be able to sing real well

6)Miley: decent voice, hard worker, willing to take risks, has one big reinvention under her belt, has parleyed the "**** it" brand to great financial success.

---------------------------------------------

I gotta go with 3) Rihanna. She seems the most real under the corporate wrapper, and she us usually interesting even when not good, and she is often good.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 455 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
I like Miley's voice and a few of her songs.

Christina Aguilera has a phenomenal voice. Couldn't identify any of her recent songs if you paid me.

Don't think much of Britney, Katy or Rihanna's voices. Like Mariah's voice, don't think much of her song choices.

Don't know enough about any of them to know if I 'like' them --- but for enough money I'd say Miley Cyrus is the one I'd be willing to listen to and I'd be able to name at least two songs I like.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Miley Cyrus is the one I'd be willing to listen to and I'd be able to name at least two songs I like.

I want to like her but she needs more and better songs. Wrecking Ball, Party in the USA and We cant stop are all good in both sound and video, but that is about all other than covers, which she has done a lot of. Plus I think she should have stayed Nashville, that she could have owned that scene. She and her management did not think so. Or maybe it is all about money, Miley and her team are clearly about the best at figuring out how to suck money out of pockets team in the biz. Britney for instance makes almost all of her money on perfumes.
Kolyo

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Shakira didn't make the top 40?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:48 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Shakira didn't make the top 40?

I was sticking with Americans, and English language top 40, in America. Shakira is not American, and she makes most of her product in Spanish.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 05:50 pm
Point of Order:

"Like best" can be swapped with " who would you feel the best about handing your money over to for music product"
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Pink should probably be on the list, even though she is not historically big on top 40, and she does not like to be told that she is a corporate rocker even though she is. I like her a lot, great stage show, pretty good voice, hard worker, and she is highly involved in the creation of her product
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:42 am
@hawkeye10,
I like Pink a lot as well and if you add her to the list, she'd be my number one.

Of the big three pop princesses, you left off two: Taylor Swift and Gaga. I find Swift, Perry and Gaga interesting and each makes some music I like in a pop, ear worm way. Swift clearly has the pre-teen, younger crowd locked up. Perry targets the late teen, college aged, love to party crowd . Gaga targets the slightly older, slightly bitter, real life isn't all that great bunch.
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:56 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Miley Cyrus is the one I'd be willing to listen to and I'd be able to name at least two songs I like.

I want to like her but she needs more and better songs.

Absolutely. Her song lyrics are extremely weak (except Wrecking Ball). The Katy Perry team knows how to write a party song.
hawkeye10 wrote:
Or maybe it is all about money, Miley and her team are clearly about the best at figuring out how to suck money out of pockets team in the biz.

That is what completely amazes me about the Cyrus team - they know how to make money. They can create buzz, whip up a frenzy, then release a mediocre song and have it go straight to number one. They don't even need air play. The way they use social media and the Internet is in a different league than everyone else. It might be the Cyrus team here but I think she has a large hand in in also.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:38 am
@engineer,
Quote:
It might be the Cyrus team here but I think she has a large hand in in also.

She is worth $165 million and has a rep in the biz for being one of the most rock solid dependable performers in the biz and yet she week after week gets herself positioned in the weekly celeb mags as being a potential Lindsay Lohan. It really is amazing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:42 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Of the big three pop princesses, you left off two: Taylor Swift and Gaga.

There are people who like Swift? Gaga I think is over, but we shall see. Anyway, I can imagine either of these two making any likeable list.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:42 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Point of Order:

"Like best" can be swapped with " who would you feel the best about handing your money over to for music product"

then it would be none of the first group

of the ones mentioned in the thread so far, Lady Gaga is the only one I'd pay money to see or whose music I'd buy

(Shakira is the one I've spent $ on - we needed some of her music for choreography)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:05 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
of the ones mentioned in the thread so far, Lady Gaga is the only one I'd pay money to see or whose music I'd buy

WOW really? She hit big and fast with Fame and Fame Monster but she seemed to run out of ideas after that. I could barely listen to born this way once, and will never do it again.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:06 am
@hawkeye10,
She's got the voice.

I hadn't listened to her for a while until her work with Tony Bennett and then started paying more attention to her.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

There are people who like Swift?

I like some of Swift's work. She is a gifted song writer and I'm a sucker for someone who can tell a story or set a mood with good lyrics. She's also all over the airways right now, especially compared to some others on that list, so someone likes her. Outside the US, she is huge, especially in China. Forbes had her income last year at $64 million. Like Cyrus, she is a marketing expert as well. She takes a different approach but still very effective.
engineer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:51 pm
@engineer,
Swift's latest album going Platinum in its first week. It's been almost two years since the last Platinum album - also written by Swift.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 05:05 pm
@engineer,
It would be interesting to see what her demographic is...I am thinking girls aged 7-14, especially those with conservative helicopter parents. Pink, Britney, Aguilera, Cyrus, Perry all tend to amp up the sexuality to a level that some parents dont like.
engineer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think you are right on the money. I heard an interview on NPR today and the interviewer led by with a question for her "expert", her 12 year old daughter. Can't deny she sells records though.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:54 pm
@engineer,
I think she makes most of her money off of music, which is pretty odd these days. Writting sure helps with that, most of these women cant do it. Avril lavigne does some, but she has often been accused of doing a lot less of the writing than she claims...of theft.
0 Replies