29

What everyday items do you order online?

Miller

0  
Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 02:02 am
@Miller,
Well, so far the books from B&N are still missing and no one knows or even cares ( except me) about their whereabouts. I've discontinued my membership at B&N, called their 1-800 number at least 10 times , tried to contact them online and have now given up.

I took out a Prime membership at Amazon ( 30 days for free!) and ordered 5 new books. I've used Amazon in the past for dog food, tide,soups and other goodies and have never had any problems.

I'm surprised at the variety of books offered by Amazon and at low prices ( for the most part). I've always had excellent service from Amazon and in the future will be buying all of my books from Powells ( excellent service ) and Amazon.

I think B&N started going down the tubes ( at least with online service), when customer service was re-located to at least one foreign country. As far as I can tell, Americans can't contact B&N in their NJ office via phone. All calls are transferred to another country ( not Canada or Mexico).

hawkeye10

-1  
Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 02:26 am
@Miller,
I think B&N started going down the tubes ( at least with online service), when customer service was re-located to at least one foreign country
They lost me around 2007 when they took almost all of their chairs out of the store because they wanted us to buy and leave. I am told that they are all gone now, and that if we sit on the floor a employee will come around to tell us to get up. IDK, I have not been in the store for at least 3 years.
Miller

0  
Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 03:02 am
@hawkeye10,
In Cambridge Mass, B&N took over running the Harvard COOP. That's when I stopped going to the COOP.

I remember the chairs. Also, at one time (maybe still now) there was a giant B&N on 53rd street in NYCITY. I think at one time, they had tables and chairs.

ScarlettLewis

0  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 03:36 am
My sister is a coffee addict and she got a good deal online. I also shop online but only once in a while. I'm planning to buy a circle beach towel for her as a gift this coming holiday Smile
Ragman

-1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 06:44 am
@ScarlettLewis,
Don't forget to buy her some spam. I hear that it helps prevent sunburn.
Lordyaswas

0  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 06:45 am
I ordered six items of junk mail not long ago, and it's arrived!

Yay! as they say.

OmSigDAVID

-1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 03:17 pm
@ScarlettLewis,
ScarlettLewis wrote:
My sister is a coffee addict and she got a good deal online.
I also shop online but only once in a while.
I'm planning to buy a circle beach towel for her as a gift this coming holiday Smile
For VETERAN'S DAY??
Is that a circular tradition ?
ScarlettLewis

1  
Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:47 am
@Ragman,
Well, I'll take a note for that Smile

ScarlettLewis

0  
Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Nope, I mean, I'm planning to buy an early Christmas gift to save some bucks Smile
OmSigDAVID

1  
Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 04:42 am
@ScarlettLewis,
ScarlettLewis wrote:
This coming holiday is Veterans' Day.
CHRISTMAS is after the Thanksgiving holiday, not "this coming holiday" as u put it.

David

Marinones

0  
Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 01:44 am
@boomerang,
Shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste. Cheaper online.

juliafreitaslove

-1  
Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 01:54 am
@boomerang,
Well if you ask this from me then I'd love to do online shopping , it really saves a lot of time, you need not to go to market and get the inferior quality thing, what the actual thing you need is to have a sense to buy, moreover to compare, that where you can get the best in less price !

Thomas Falater

0  
Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 09:59 am
@boomerang,
I order car parts online. It's so much easier and less expensive. I fix my own car and order the hard to find parts online. Thomas Falater of Bangor, Maine