Who Here Naps?

chai2

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/napping-can-increase-death-risk-by-a-third-9256343.html][b]Napping can increase death risk by a third[/b]

However, an academic not linked to the study have stressed that the figures show the majority of people will see no adverse affects from napping.

Of course that academic was not linked to the study. It wouldn't be as alarming with that common sense statement.

Why do science and the media point out the dangers of doing something that your body knows is good and right, i.e. resting it adequately?

Maybe because we are so out of touch with our bodies, we need to not trust ourselves, but listen to people who can contort data to say whatever they want it to say.

Take a nap, go for a walk, don't take things so seriously.

You'll be fine.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 02:49 am

https://imgur.com/PRpuoKf.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 11:06 am
@jcboy,
Naps are ambrosia to the soul. Occasionally, I'd take one on the weekend getting Alexa to play WQXR or WCRB (public classic radio stations) and get Alexa to start a 40-45 minute timer). Rare but sometimes I extend that another 30 minutes (after the original nap stage).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 11:07 am
I'm a napper. Have been for thirty years.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 11:26 am
@edgarblythe,
I've acquired the serious hobby of napping since I moved to NYC in 2002.
0 Replies