So? 'What will you be boycotting today' game?

glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 10:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
I wanted to boycott aardvarks, but we don't have aardvarks this far north. If we did I would name them aalvin and aalice.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:22 am
@glitterbag,
I am boycotting boisterous poop throwing bonobo monkeys. Hey! When I'm eating a sammich in the park, there's no need to get all territorial and such. And where the heck did you come from. Clearly Prospect Park isn't your natural turf.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:53 am
Today I am boycotting carnivals.

I will therefore try to avoid anyone eating meat for the rest of the day.
vonny

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 03:11 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I'll boycott demented duchesses - the safe option!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:19 pm
Today I'm boycotting earmuffs. Too steenkin' hot for earmuffs.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 07:52 am
@Roberta,
Today, I am boycotting fear mongering radio hosts who fundamentally support and fetisize Donald Trump.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
today I'm in solidarity with tsarstepan and will boycott those God-forsaken lying sacks of poo fear mongering radio hosts who drool over the boorish behavior and bullying from that class-act Trump.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:48 pm
Today I'm killing two letters in one post--G and H.

I'm boycotting Hansel and Gretel. Some people get what they deserve. How stoopid can you get. Bread crumbs.--where there are hundreds of birds. A candy house with no strings attached? Get real.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:23 am
@Roberta,
Agree with Roberta, let the others create something compelling
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 09:19 am
Someone on another thread suggested that Americans don't understand irony. It starts with an I, so I might be inclined to boycott it. However, since I don't know what the hell it is, what if I boycott and then need some.

Someone else will have to come up with an I.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 09:23 am
@Roberta,
Irony is like mercury but a lot more solid.

I am boycotting Ipplepen in Devon today, as their road system leads to frequent traffic jams.
Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 11:03 am
@Lordyaswas,
Mercury the car, or mercury the planet?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:45 pm
@Roberta,
Mercury the thermometer filler.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:50 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Oven or weather thermometer.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oral.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 01:06 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Awe, shucks, I missed that one!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 03:19 pm
No idea where or what I'm boycotting - alphabet soup? But let's say I shall boycott pink - dreadful colour - yes, pink is what I'm boycotting today.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 04:48 pm
We missed a whole bunch of letters! Today I'm boycotting the alphabet. Only an anal compulsive type would invent something the contents of which must always be in the same order. No exceptions ever.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 08:18 pm
@Lordyaswas,
P, Q, Rectal..........the other thermometer

(personal experience...When my son was about 2 and a half, we were visiting my parents when I realized he looked a little unwell. I felt his hands and he was feverish, so I grabbed a thermometer, but since he was fully dressed I decided to check his temperature orally. I had never put a glass thermometer in his mouth so I was very clear "ok sweetheart, whatever you do, don't bite the thermometer" , "Do you understand, do not bite the thermometer". He nodded he understood, I placed the instrument under his tongue and repeated "Don't bite down, ok?" As soon as it entered his mouth and I let go, I hear the sound of glass breaking and I freaked. I cleaned it out, called the pediatrician.....and he said, "Don't panic, they haven't put mercury in thermometers for at least the last 10 years". He probably told me what they replaced it with, I just don't remember...I was too relieved to know I didn't poison my baby)
glitterbag

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 08:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Today I shall boycott Sepsis because its a complete bummer.