Amazon.com

gollum

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 05:45 am
This site gives the best seller rank of books. Is there a way to see if the sales rank is improving or falling if I haven't checked it in the past?

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 08:10 am
@gollum,
I doubt that it's free. That's the sort of info that people like me present for a living - after a lot of research.

But see this anyway - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=525376
gollum

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 10:34 am
@jespah,
Do really provide such research? How it it arranged for?
jespah

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 11:54 am
@gollum,
Me? No. I'm a data analyst, but I don't work for Amazon.

But I imagine that information is done with database querying, then the whole mess is brought down and most likely put into Excel or even Powerpoint for presentations.

A database such as Amazon has got is going to be huge. It's collecting point of sale data and not just from them but from other sellers, online, bookstores, etc. Then it's comparing it to all other books for sale. Then it's comparing to previous weeks in order to get a trend line.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 01:20 pm
@gollum,
You might be able to find it on the publisher's web page for the book.
0 Replies

data4amazon

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 06:45 am
@gollum,
Hi gollum,
You can find these rankings easily by scrolling down on the page for a product until you find its current sales ranking. Go to Amazon.com. Enter the name of an item in the search bar at the top of the page. Click on the arrow next to the search bar to narrow the parameters of your search if necessary.
gollum

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 08:08 am
@data4amazon,
data4amazon-

Thank you.
0 Replies