Fighting to end Creationism

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 02:36 pm
It's nice to see that some high school kids have got it right...
http://io9.com/5976112/how-19+year+old-activist-zack-kopplin-is-making-life-hell-for-louisianas-creationists
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,602 • Replies: 7

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 06:33 am
@rosborne979,
Good to see that ack is still at it. Its a bit of an embarrassment when the state govt is, in effect, preaching Midieval SCience.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 01:46 pm
Ros, so long ago we talked about faith and blind faith. I still feel the same as I did them. Prayer in the schools was forbidden, but when The Challenger horror occurred, all the the teachers in my class room simply formed a circle and held hands.

Remember Who Has Seen the Wind? faith in things unseen.

I read most of your news about the protest, but Creationism hasn't been taught in a long time. Hope I'm making sense as I'm not up to par today.

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 04:22 pm
@Letty,
I dont think anyone wants to deny someone their faith. What we have problems with the "codetalkers of Creationisms" is why does their faith try to deny science??
FBM

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:57 am
@farmerman,
Because the scientific method and mindset demand empirical evidence and creationists have nothing but faith and tradition?
Voice

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 09:56 pm
@farmerman,
Not only science, but other religions too. Eventually, it looks like their goal is to deny a human intellectuality. They don`t want us to be an independent thinkers. It is undeniable that a truly intelligent person won`t be shouting to the whole world that his religion is the absolute truth. And of course any educated person won`t be taking any possible aggressive actions to change people`s opinion about not only religion, but about such private matters as what a moral, ethics, relationship, and so on. The whole age of progression and independent thought is meant to be swept away as if it never happened by so called "god`s followers". It`s a very scary thing going on.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 05:02 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Because the scientific method and mindset demand empirical evidence and creationists have nothing but faith and tradition?

Sounds good to me. I hate to say it but many of them "not all" have sophistry and could care less what is the truth as long as they get what they want.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 05:06 pm
@Voice,
Quote:
any educated person won`t be taking any possible aggressive actions to change people`s opinion about not only religion, but about such private matters as what a moral, ethics, relationship, and so on.

How do you define aggressive?
0 Replies