Questions for those of faith

imans

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:20 pm
@north,
of course all abrahamic religions point creations at the base of faith, as if there is always nothing but will
this is what support the idea of faith
bc if there is any truth existence there cant b faith, there cant b smthg absolutely true at the base while there is else thing opposed to

truth is by definition the most basic thing, that cant know any contradiction to even the idea of else then what is true

so the clear existence of evil life appear confirmin the principle of nothing base but god wills

and the idea of only one and all others his dogs since it cant b true to b same in reverse or from the objective way

look at u in the question, u mean clearly others to confirm what u want by inventin kind of sentence that they can understand ur will

im tellin u, truth cant support faith in anyways so faith is never about truth

what is true is objective bc always any, but also then if u really mean bein true it is simply only u
claudene

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 03:37 am
@imans,
I believe it is your faith that keeps you truthful. If you can't be true to what you believe in, how can you stand for what you believe in? Christians believe that HE is the truth and the way.( it says in the bible) And obviously we follow him and be as truthful as we can be because of Him.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 01:33 pm
@claudene,
claudene wrote:
And obviously we follow him and be as truthful as we can be because of Him.

I am not so sure what is obvious about that, perhaps the flaw in reasoning, since not only we don't try at all be truthful, we lie average 200 times a day, but even if we did it because of someone else desire that wouldn't make much of a value would it ?... Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 06:48 pm
I'd start with the Bible's definition of faith:
(Hebrews 11:1) 11 Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. . .
Then, I'd compare with my experience.
0 Replies