Do you know the countries of Europe?

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:55 am
How many countries are there in Europe? Separe them in Eastern and Western Europe.

Here is a website where you can see maps of Europe: Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 5,750 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:16 am
Europe?

Isn't that, like, an island somewhere east of Ireland?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:03 am
The politicians talk about Europe when they mean EU.
The majority of Europeans don´t even know how many countries Europe has.
The new Euro which comes 2012 (?) only shows the countries which have Euro, which makes Scandinavia look absurd as Norway is missing and where Switzerland should be there is a hole. Zyprus is put in the wrong place.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:06 am
As far as I can see your map does not show all the countries of Europe. If I counted right there are some missing.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:08 am
@saab,
Tory politicians have long referred to it as Yerp.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
@izzythepush,
Yugoslavia no longer exists. Now there's Bosnia Herzegovinia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo and Slovenia.
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:31 am
@izzythepush,
I'm telling ya - you think the countries of Europe are difficult - try Africa - they are forever changing. My daughter was in a geography bee last school year and the maps and countries were all different from when I studied.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:36 am
@Linkat,
I don't think the countries in Yerp are that difficult, I live in Yerp. I don't know much about state capitals though.
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:40 am
@izzythepush,
Not any where near the difficulty of Africa - as I noted Europe was nothing compared to Africa and the ever changing landscape.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:16 am
@izzythepush,
State capitals are easy--it's when they make you memorie thousands of counties that it becomes a nightmare.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:35 am
@Setanta,
I know a few, but as an ousider you're more intersted in the major cities than political administration. I know Austin is the state capital of Texas but that's only because I've been there. Dallas and Houston are more of interest to an outsider.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:35 am
@Setanta,
Our state's capital is known to be “longest bar of the world”.
Parking there is a nightmare, but it's easy to spend a lot of money in posh shops.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Why has the moderator removed the link to a map? That is ridiculous.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
http://i55.tinypic.com/2v1u2wo.jpg

If you go to the original website >here @ Council of Europe<, you can move the cursor over it and get the names ...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's brilliant, when you look at it that way Europe is massive. Good old Russia.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 12:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know, Austin's a lot of fun. We were actually required to memorize the state capitals when i was in elementay school. Stupid, n'est-ce pas?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 12:23 pm
@Setanta,
I stayed with a friend of a friend. On my first night, in what everyone said was a rough neighbourhood, although it seemed quite nice to me, I slept like a log. When I got up the next day everyone else was bleary-eyed. There had been shots fired next door, police sirens, the works. I slept through it all, actually it was the best night's sleep I'd had all holiday. A bit like the scene in My Cousin Vinny when he's locked up in the cells overnight.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 12:52 pm
@izzythepush,
It's spam from a single time poster.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 12:54 pm
@ossobuco,
So it's the link that's the problem, popups adverts etc, not the map?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 01:57 pm
Did you know?
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Translation is the largest translation service in the world. Located in Brussels and Luxembourg, it has a permanent staff of some 1 650 linguists and 550 support staff.