OK ladies, do you prefer slacks or dresses?

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:59 pm
Women have a lot of choices when it comes to their clothing. But there is a difference between work clothing and at home casual clothing. There are standards for work clothing set by employers. Do women chose their clothing to attract men's attention? What they would wear in public and in private? What is OK to wear in public and what goes beyond approved clothing? What clothing limits should be set for young girls? At what age?

What do you think for yourself, other women, and what men think about your clothing?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 3,303 • Replies: 25
Topic Closed
No top replies

Setanta

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:02 pm
I prefer dresses, but's it hard to find anything nice in my size.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:06 pm
@Setanta,
Maybe you should get your talented wife to sew up one for you. If bet she would if you asked with a big smile.

BBB
0 Replies

Solmeci

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:27 pm
I asked my wife this question and her answer is reasonable:
Women will be objectified and judged no matter what they wear so they might as well be comfortable.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:36 pm
@Solmeci,
Smart wife.

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:43 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I don't have a blanket preference. I don't think I ever wear "slacks" though. Jeans are a sort of default, they work with so many things and tend to be both comfortable and flattering (that holy and elusive duo). I'll also wear dressier pants if the occasion calls for it. When I was working, a chocolate-brown tropical wool suit (pants + jacket) from J.Crew instantly gave me authority while also not being too pretentious or intimidating. Love that suit.

But on summer days a floaty cotton dress is perfect, and for lots of other situations, depending on the dress.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:54 pm
@sozobe,
Laughing I was going to refer to "pants" but I thought some smart ass man would answer saying he preferred that women don't wear pants. So I decided to say "slacks instead.

BBB
0 Replies

Sglass

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 02:19 pm
God Bless Yves Saint Laurent and his introduction of the pants suit for women.

As far as I am concerned he is the best fashion definer we have ever had.
spendius

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:28 pm
@Sglass,
I find ladies in pants fall into two categories. One is that where to create a good impression involves what looks to be considerable discomfort and the other is when comfort is prioritised and the impression is left to shift for itself.
0 Replies

Irishk

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 04:52 pm
Sundresses in summer. Pants and jeans, skirts and sweaters/jackets in winter.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 04:56 pm
Either, depending on my mood and the circumstances of the day. I tend to be a jeans woman in cooler weather, and a shorts wearer in summer, but also wear long or shorter dresses or skirts all year around.
spendius

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 05:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh to be a woman!!
ossobuco

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 06:27 pm
@spendius,
<trying to picture that>
0 Replies

Mame

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
@Setanta,
try Additionelle
littlek

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
I am so not a dress person. I do have skirts. But, I wear pants until it gets too hot to wear them. Then I were shorts or skirts. Of course, I will wear a dress on special occasions.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 08:09 pm
hummm, never thought about what I prefer to wear, slacks or dresses. I wear slacks a lot, dressy or casual when I'm working and also like those knit 'skirts' with the legs separated. No dresses, ever. Jeans I wear at home or shopping, in summer shorts or capris.
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 03:19 am
I love dresses and I love pants. I never dress for men; I could care less what they think and have always felt that way. I dress for me and sometimes I dress for Alex. I don't care what anybody else is wearing, either. If I feel like wearing bling, I wear it. If I feel like wearing a dress and hat, I wear them. I might modify my apparel according to the function/event, but otherwise, I wear what I want. I certainly feel more feminine in skirts and dresses and don't really know why that is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:05 am
@Mame,
Thanks, Darlin' . . . i'm sure you know who i agonize over this . . .
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:06 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I prefer slacks - just for the comfort of it. Although I frequently wear skirts as well usually at work. At home I'd live in shorts if it was warm enough.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:29 am
squinney likes pressed white dress slacks.