Jesus. The slowest God in history.

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:01 pm
Jesus. The slowest God in history.

Jesus Christ, Revelation 22:12-13

"And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

Not believing in a real Jesus and just thinking of him as an archetype, I am not particularly surprised that he has yet to --come quickly -- back to us.

I have no idea as to why he did not hang around and do the savior bit at the time of his supposed resurrection and why Jesus abandoned the ancients and us to the conditions we have faced. Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time.

As believers, you may also have pondered why such a long 2000 year wait. This, in light of the fact, that he even said that the time of the end was at hand to his disciples .
This delay cannot be because of our free will because God of the O T clearly demonstrated that He had not respect for it and He certainly did not consider the free will of those that He killed or had killed back then. Their free will choice was to live, not die.

If he wanted relevance to us, I would think that he would be here and not an absentee God.

Could it be that Jesus is just a myth or is He just slow?

What is quickly in God time?

Regards
DL

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,287 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Doorsopen

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 08:49 am
You yourself determine how soon He will come. He's already in you if you would open your eyes to see.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:01 am
@Doorsopen,
Doorsopen wrote:

You yourself determine how soon He will come. He's already in you if you would open your eyes to see.

I am there for that already.
Jesus------Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?
You and I have not.

You will note that most Christians await the return of their immoral scapegoat instead of stepping up to their own responsibilities.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:13 am
@Greatest I am,
They starve because they fail to acknowledge the christian god as their savior, and have not learned how to pray.
djjd62

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
They starve because they fail to acknowledge the christian god as their savior, and have not learned how to pray.

maybe they just had to work through lunch
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:30 am
@djjd62,
Did that often during my working years, but am still kicking up dust.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 09:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yes, many children and babies have not yet learned how to pray.
A real good excuse for your God to let them starve.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 10:47 am
@Greatest I am,
GIa, I'm an atheist.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

GIa, I'm an atheist.

Then state it if you are posting a tongue in cheek reply.
I have heard believers say exactly the same thing quite seriously.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:28 pm
@Greatest I am,
Not relevant.
djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
heathen Razz
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:30 pm