How Does An Atheist Explain A Well Documented Case Of Demonic Possession?

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:30 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;71754 wrote:
I would say you are the one with the overactive imagination, because even on the tape you can hear my shock when I discovered the person across from me was hearing the same words I was hearing.

You might have heard something, and like a superstitious person you jump to conclusions as to what that was.

Sorry, I don't believe and ghosties and ghoulies, like you do. At some point we have to grow up and live in reality.

Quote:
And the kids were in a seperate room and were not involved with the conversation occuring between the demons and the others. Yet they would often scream out something that would respond to a question that was directed at the demon, or respond to a Biblical story that was being read.
Clearly, the kids were not focused on what was going on.

Probably because the kids thought you were talking to them, they probably didn't realize you were playing make-believe with your friends.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
And yes, Campbell, I went though this stage too, but for me it was just a stage. When I was a teenage kid, a used to go to spooky places and listen for ghosts, and I even convinced myself that I saw something move, it was all in my head, and I was honest enough to recognize that.

People try to "spice up" their reality by filling their heads with superstition, and that's fine if they want to do that, but don't expect me to buy into.
0 Replies

Wiseguy224

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:36 pm
@JackFlash,
Theres more than one case obviously, inless your all talk and no show for research, typical close minded fool I mean I really dont like to judge, because im part of the "Christian Community" but you haveto know theres been various cases of this, and the very idea of demons and demonic possession hadto come from somewhere, perhaps it derives from the Christian Community using scare tactics making up demons when more than a few religions have the same ideas, differently portrayed of an evil entity of some sort, I'm not up on other religions because I dont believe them but If you dont see my point, or do your own research before grasping and clutching a belief, then yes your right, half the world is crazy and your one of the sane, life figured out people, congratulate yourself LOL you rot in the ground and die, or above the ground and be picked at by bugs, wherever you lie thats it, before your just gone, better be in the ground or you wont look flashy when you go out hahaha I feel sorry for atheists and satanist, it must be so motivationless..
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:43 am
Gods, demons, ghosts all exist in the minds of those who are open to such persuasions in similar fashion that US citizens believe themselves to still have civil liberties and not exist as drones to an elitist, anarchy-forming regime.
As for oiuja - The vulnerable mind will always succumb to its group orientation - That's why religion works so well.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 05:16 am
@mark noble,
everybody knows that demons hide behind Ouija boards like a motorcycle cop behind a hiway sign
0 Replies

HiTRO1

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 01:07 pm
@bisurge,
It all boils down to man being afraid of death and even more so of life. I consider myself to be agnostic, in that I don't question the existence of God, but rather the documentation presented as proof. Let's face it, man has screwed up everything he has put his hands on, and man wrote the Bible. Although possibly inspire by actual events, it is still mans perspective that was written down.
0 Replies

DoctorJake

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:25 pm
well my atheist friend called me the other week, after having left some disturbing voicemails about poltergeist activity trying to kill his family, and waking up in the middle of the night hearing noises in the kitchen thinking there was an intruder and him and his wife finding the oven on and open, and the gas taps in the kitchen on, but luckily had stopped due to these new cut off switches if left on, but there was a smell of gas, as the cut off occurs after a short while if the gas is not lit...

There have been other things and I went over thinking he was going to say ''fooled ya'' and was ready for some trick or surprise party as it was my birthday a few days earlier and hadn't had time to celebrate despite some friends asking if I was upto anything, so i had naturally dressed up nicely, and showed up to his place, and well, it was no wind up and no party and after waiting for soemthing to happen, we sat watching tv and i fell asleep as was tired, and woke to his wife screaming and the stuff on the mantle piece, slowly being pushed off. I thought my friend was tricking me and jumped up to feel for strings and, well one vase lifted up and floated across the room, and we all froze, and then it accelerated toward the wall and shattered..... i am not a coward, but I shamelessly ran out of the house like a teenage girl, and refused to go back in and told my friend I was sorry but that stuff wasn't what I expected and he said he didn't wanna believe but needed a priest, and asked if he and his wife and kids could stay at my place , and I said certainly but there was little room as they knew, but they said the couch and a matress on the floor was fine.... they locked up the place and came with me...

it's not a laughing matter and saying this stuff doesn't exist because this scenario cannot be 'turned on' in a science lab, under test conditions and replicated in universities across the world, is a joke...
There is too much evidence for the paranormal and witnessed by many, including demonic possessions where people levitate and display impossible miraculous events, and well, atheists maybe are not prepared to change their belief and lifestyle choices just yet, as it is inconvenient to accept that belief in a God will change their life... so they will try and make strawmen theories they can knock down or label others as kooks and poke fun rather than honestly research properly without bias.

Also when atheists say they do not accept articles on christian sites which have doctors and psychologists explain that they indeed winessed paranormal events, well it is like Christians saying they won't believe scientists because they post on non christian sites. But Christians will believe if it comes from a reputable source and is backed with evidence. The reason Christians won't believe in the theory of evolution (which scientists admit is still an unproven theory with missing links, and discrepencies and anomalies) is because it doesn't hold up to scientific evidence or archaeological evidence. Macro evolution however is proven. You know, evolution wouldn't disprove God anyway, but many atheists say the 'theory of evolution' is a crock of crap, and thus still called a theory by the science world... If it was real, then we'd have found thousands of skeletons of a being which was half way through being a monkey turning to ape, and well that has never been found and nor have animals going from one animal to another, and you'd think sicne this would take thousands or millions of years, that they would have the inbetween skeletons, but instead many animals existing now which existed millions of years ago, are the exact same. Look it up. And yes I have two science degrees by the way and work in a lab, so call me a kook, or whatever, but name calling is for those desperate to avoid admitting they have no clue, or are wrong or do not want to unbiased look into it.

By the way, my friend's home was exorcised, and the trouble went. So it also shows the power of Jesus' name in expelling such things. I asked my friend if other atheists I knew who disbelieved in all this stuff, could come and witness these events, prior to the exorcism, as I thought it could do their opinion some good. One was a film maker friend. Do you know none took up the offer, choosing to mock and laugh and call us all kooks, but none actually wanted to come and see and witness this stuff, or even film it on professional movie grade cameras.....so there you go... and well, it shows atheists want to beliegve what suits them, and will defend that, like a Nazi will defend his stance that Jews are subhuman and need to be blamed and eradicated for all evils, or like a KluKluxKlan member will never be convinced that black people are humans and should be treateed well, instead of lynched..... you cannot change people with truth and evidence, even if they are wrong, so there is no point trying to argue with those passionate about their stance. You can only tell people a truth if they are using their rationale, not passionale...

Infact, this news paper is not christian, but a mainstream Uk paper, and these two scientists who say they have proven that the human consciousness lives beyond our bodies when we die, and reearched countless near death experiences etc, have published their findings.
Beware not to joke about this, as these two are the worlds leading quantum physicists, one a colleague of Stephen Hawking, and are probably atheists !
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2225190/Can-quantum-physics-explain-bizarre-experiences-patients-brought-brink-death.html

also explain this, afterlife experiments conducted under scientific test conditions over 5 years, by scientists and mediums etc... I do not condone people dabbling with the occult and seances/ouja, as it is very dangerous and opens one to evil forces, but these scientists and mediums messed with this stuff, and well, their results were astonishing and well, it is disturbing in places and is very creepy like you are watching things you know are not to be messed with.....not for those of a nervous disposition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk

MelissaMadsin

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 09:53 pm
******* seriously. All of these responses are flat out denials. There is no explanation nor is there proof of any of this animosity. Maybe the Ouija girl was possessed, maybe she wasn't. Lets refrain back to the original question here, please. "How does an atheist explain a well documented case of demonic possession?" Could it be a mental illness? If so, where does the bilingual ability come from, without any previous education? Could it be a personality disorder? In the end, all the questions will be answered with more questions. Where does the incomparable strength come from? The self-inflicting torture? Hovering? Massive amounts of ejaculating vomit, while being malnourished? There is no sense nor is there any logic behind any possible response to "demonic possession". The so-called 'victim' claims to be a spirit such a lucifer or one of his angels, so what else can you believe besides what is being said to you? I, for one, do not believe in a god but I do believe in purity and evil. Ghosts…evil souls lurking the earth with unfinished business? Poltergeists? Ouija boards attract the paranormal. That is the only ungodly explanation I can come up with.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:37 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34 wrote:

Real-Life Case of Demon Possession Documented

Woman levitated, spoke other languages, showed paranormal powers.

Link below.

Real-life Case of Demon Possession Documented

There are no well documented cases of demonic possession. The end.
0 Replies

xXxSERVANTxXx

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:21 pm
@Campbell34,
I am not sure how an atheist would explain that, as I am not an atheist. But I would say that anyone has the force to drive unclean spirits out of another. The best way is through divine prayer, rosaries, crucifixes, and holy water and iodized salts.

I am convinced I was personally attacked by three different unclean spirits, in my life, against my own will with which I sense many near death experiences that had allowed myself to truly understand God's compassion for my personal salvation. Because Christ himself had carried me the entire time just to reunite myself with his beneficent protection. And had sent many unclean spirits to hell or destruction. With a profound respect and relationship with The One and Only Living Hebrew God of the Bible. The Word made Flesh. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Fear trembles in the name of Jesus, always remember that :-)

If I had to give an opinion, I would say from some kind of supernatural power from hell such as drugs, is one example, or other spirits trying to electrically charge together by all kinds of sexual perversions. is another example.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:44 pm
@DoctorJake,
Quote:
The reason Christians won't believe in the theory of evolution (which scientists admit is still an unproven theory with missing links, and discrepencies and anomalies) is because it doesn't hold up to scientific evidence or archaeological evidence.

AND THEN< JUST a few lines further down you say.

Quote:
you cannot change people with truth and evidence, even if they are wrong, so there is no point trying to argue with those passionate about their stance.

Yep, when you stated the first part, you explained it away with the second. SO, Im not gonna try to present facts to you if youre happy in your worldview. Whats the point? You've got 2 science degrees and if they didn't take, what can I say that will matter?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:06 pm
WELL DOCUMENTED?? Maybe you should look those words up for a proper definition!!!
0 Replies

jnc500

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 12:12 pm
Why is it only christians (largely catholic it seems) that lay claim to demonic possession. If true, why are ALL types of believes (including atheists) not claiming demonic possession? I firmly believe it is psychological, and even the Catholic Church is leaning towards this view as well.
0 Replies