How Does An Atheist Explain A Well Documented Case Of Demonic Possession?

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:27 am
Real-Life Case of Demon Possession Documented

Woman levitated, spoke other languages, showed paranormal powers.

Link below.

Real-life Case of Demon Possession Documented
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 25,787 • Replies: 52
No top replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:28 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69656 wrote:

Link below.

Its Called Speaking In Tongue , Anyway The Devil Can Be Man / Woman = Human Being According To Scripture Genesis 3 ; 15 , Remember God Of Your Bible Ask The Devil Where Did He Come From And He Said And I Quote ; And The Lord ( Said ) Unto Satan From Whence Comes Thou ! And Satan Answered The Lord , And Said ( From Going To ( And Fro In The ( Earth ) And From ( Walking Up And Down In It ) , ( Job 2;2 ) .

Thing That Make One Go Hummmmm Now The Devil Said <To And Fro In The ( Earth ) And From ( Walking Up And Down In It ) . Isn't That The Sign Of The Cross < To And Fro In ~ Walking Up And Down > Look Like A Cross To Me .
JackFlash

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:11 pm
@YuhannaEl,
I don't have to explain it. The link you posted was taken from an article on the New Oxford Review web site. To read the entire article you have to pay, which tends to wreck all credibility. If this is such a big revelation, why didn't they take pictures and save the demon for all the world to see. This is like everything else coming from the Christian community, all talk and no show.
bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:32 am
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69789 wrote:
I don't have to explain it. The link you posted was taken from an article on the New Oxford Review web site. To read the entire article you have to pay, which tends to wreck all credibility. If this is such a big revelation, why didn't they take pictures and save the demon for all the world to see. This is like everything else coming from the Christian community, all talk and no show.

Not only that, but it's a religious site.
New Oxford Review
"Catholicism's Intellectual Prizefighter!"
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/images/img-haveyoutheguts.gif
Etc.
JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:22 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69794 wrote:
Not only that, but it's a religious site.

I missed that. Now that you mention it, I came across that site while looking for something else related to religion a few months ago. I don't remember what it was, so it didn't impress me then either.

I thought that article sounded a bit Catholic.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:04 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69662 wrote:
Its Called Speaking In Tongue , Anyway The Devil Can Be Man / Woman = Human Being According To Scripture Genesis 3 ; 15 , Remember God Of Your Bible Ask The Devil Where Did He Come From And He Said And I Quote ; And The Lord ( Said ) Unto Satan From Whence Comes Thou ! And Satan Answered The Lord , And Said ( From Going To ( And Fro In The ( Earth ) And From ( Walking Up And Down In It ) , ( Job 2;2 ) .

Thing That Make One Go Hummmmm Now The Devil Said <To And Fro In The ( Earth ) And From ( Walking Up And Down In It ) . Isn't That The Sign Of The Cross < To And Fro In ~ Walking Up And Down > Look Like A Cross To Me .

Some of your assumptions appear to me, to be some of the most nonsensical statements I have ever experienced on this site. The devil told God where he had been. And your suggesting this proves he is now human? What nonsense. And because he said he was walking up and down in the earth, this sounds like the cross of Christ to you? LOL
Campbell34

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:11 pm
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69789 wrote:

Well here is a link from 20/20, you can't claim they have no credibility. Yet I suppose if you don't want to believe in something, you can claim anything you want.

YouTube - Exorcism report by ABC'S 20/20, May '07
bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:26 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69809 wrote:
Well here is a link from 20/20, you can't claim they have no credibility. Yet I suppose if you don't want to believe in something, you can claim anything you want.

Then explain why Christians don't believe evolution, if we AGNOSTICS/ATHEISTS are the skeptics.

Unfortunately, I can make growling noises better than some of those people in those videos. And one of my friend knows a bit Latin just by going to Church every week (I found out because I take a Latin class), and trust me, it's not hard to come up with a string of gibberish in that language. And about that woman who claimed to have her hair pulled out and stuff flying around with witnesses; why was it only her? Bring some witnesses on the air. You're her freaking daughter.
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 02:30 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69808 wrote:
Some of your assumptions appear to me, to be some of the most nonsensical statements I have ever experienced on this site. The devil told God where he had been. And your suggesting this proves he is now human? What nonsense. And because he said he was walking up and down in the earth, this sounds like the cross of Christ to you? LOL

I Know It Hard For You To Overstand Your Own Scriptures And Your Into Spookism / Ghost . But Explain This Verse To Me .Genesis 3 ; 15 . Let See What Silly Answer You Come Up With . None Of Your Testimony Ok .
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:38 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69818 wrote:
Then explain why Christians don't believe evolution, if we AGNOSTICS/ATHEISTS are the skeptics.

Unfortunately, I can make growling noises better than some of those people in those videos. And one of my friend knows a bit Latin just by going to Church every week (I found out because I take a Latin class), and trust me, it's not hard to come up with a string of gibberish in that language. And about that woman who claimed to have her hair pulled out and stuff flying around with witnesses; why was it only her? Bring some witnesses on the air. You're her freaking daughter.

Well, here is a girl who got attacked from a demon while playing with a Ouija Board. And she had witnesses. A demon often only attacks one person at a time, because a demon can only possess one person at a time. And don't forget, sometimes those who are experiencing possession, also levitate, which would be harder to fake.

YouTube - Real Demonic Possession from Ouija Board UN-EDITED VERSION

Demonic levitation reported by Dr. Richard Gallagher.

Real-life case of demon possession documented
bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:03 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69839 wrote:
Well, here is a girl who got attacked from a demon while playing with a Ouija Board. And she had witnesses. A demon often only attacks one person at a time, because a demon can only possess one person at a time. And don't forget, sometimes those who are experiencing possession, also levitate, which would be harder to fake.

YouTube - Real Demonic Possession from Ouija Board UN-EDITED VERSION

"A little bird." AHAHAHA. Is a Ouija Board (something they sell at Toys-R-Us), shaking, hissing, screeching, and grabbing supposed to be proof that a demon possessed this girl? And don't forget the saying, "A little bird." If this and the link you provided me are the proof for demonic takeovers, then... I'm speechless of how little evidence you have. Even the 20/20 video could be easily faked (as I have already pointed out in the post that you quoted).

Quote:
Demonic levitation reported by Dr. Richard Gallagher.

Real-life case of demon possession documented

You gave me the same link you used to make this thread. This website's only source is a Catholic news site. I already pointed that out. It really destroys the credibility of those websites concerning these things.
0 Replies

JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:13 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69839 wrote:

How do you know this is a Demon? It could be God punishing her for playing with the Ouija Board. It could be UFOs doing some experiments. It could be a Witch giving her the evil eye. It could be a concentration of the Earth's magnetism. Other than some "eye witnesses and a tape or 2, what evidence do you have that these weird things are really Demons and not something else?
synthy

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:47 pm
@Campbell34,
As a kid we played levitate by applying downward pressure on the shoulders(read constraining holding down)a person and then suddenly releasing the pressure.It was fun to lift a adult with one finger two feet into the air.We must have been possesed.....
Demons -more likely turrets and hysterical eyewitnesses,who want to believe.
It is BS and cheap tricks.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 06:23 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69656 wrote:

Link below.

Do you have a legitimate scientific source?
Campbell34

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:35 pm
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69844 wrote:
How do you know this is a Demon? It could be God punishing her for playing with the Ouija Board. It could be UFOs doing some experiments. It could be a Witch giving her the evil eye. It could be a concentration of the Earth's magnetism. Other than some "eye witnesses and a tape or 2, what evidence do you have that these weird things are really Demons and not something else?

It's been well established that demons are big on Ouija Boards. You don't have to look very long and you will hear people telling you to stay away from these boards. Consider the links below.

Possessed After Using the Ouija Board

Scary Ouija Board Experience | True Ghost Tales

OUIJA BOARD GHOST & SPIRITS
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 12:48 am
@Campbell34,
So it's a trend. Not only are those accounts once again unbacked, it only further destroys the credibility of your video. Especially since I don't hear moms saying their 4-year-old kids got possessed by demons by Ouija board from Toys-R-Us.
JackFlash

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:53 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69936 wrote:
So it's a trend. Not only are those accounts once again unbacked, it only further destroys the credibility of your video. Especially since I don't hear moms saying their 4-year-old kids got possessed by demons by Ouija board from Toys-R-Us.

It clearly says on the box "Demons sold separately."
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 04:43 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69936 wrote:

Most 4 year olds don't play with Ouija Boards. However even Harry Houdini stated in 1924 that he personally knew of five people who were driven insane by using the Ouija board. In 1971 Psychic Susy Smith stated in her book. "Confessions of a Psychic'' that her use of a Ouija board caused her to become mentally disturbed. Manly P. Hall, the founder of the Philosophical Research Society stated he was aware of many people who have complicated their lives through dabbling with the Ouija boards. There are many accounts out there, and you would have to live in a cave if you were not aware of them.
bisurge

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:55 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69944 wrote:
Most 4 year olds don't play with Ouija Boards. However even Harry Houdini stated in 1924 that he personally knew of five people who were driven insane by using the Ouija board. In 1971 Psychic Susy Smith stated in her book. "Confessions of a Psychic'' that her use of a Ouija board caused her to become mentally disturbed. Manly P. Hall, the founder of the Philosophical Research Society stated he was aware of many people who have complicated their lives through dabbling with the Ouija boards. There are many accounts out there, and you would have to live in a cave if you were not aware of them.

Not only are all those unsourced, but also I've used a Ouija board before. Nothing happened to me. I know a lot of people who've used Ouija boards at some point in their life. And at stores there's often a few Ouija boards missing from the stacks. Which means a lot of people buy them. I think that already mentally unstable people can "complicate" and "become mentally disturbed" by using a Ouija board, but not mentally stable people.

BTW, when I asked how I would die, I got something starting with a k, then some numbers and letters, then a Yes. Very convincing.
JackFlash

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 04:39 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;69944 wrote:

Harry Houdini was a man who was obsessed with the afterlife and finding a connection to it. He isn't a very credible source, and neither is Psychic Susy Smith. Do you have any scientifically controlled experiments that support your claims?

btw, you can't believe people in mental hospitals either.