How Does An Atheist Explain A Well Documented Case Of Demonic Possession?

Campbell34

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:56 am
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69984 wrote:
Harry Houdini was a man who was obsessed with the afterlife and finding a connection to it. He isn't a very credible source, and neither is Psychic Susy Smith. Do you have any scientifically controlled experiments that support your claims?

btw, you can't believe people in mental hospitals either.

Most scientist refuse to do such studies, becasue they have little intrest in such things. And I doubt you would believe in the finding of any such study anyway. It's been my experience, that even when you have credible people giving detailed accounts, non believers always ignore their findings, or dismiss them in anyway possible.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:10 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69973 wrote:
Not only are all those unsourced, but also I've used a Ouija board before. Nothing happened to me. I know a lot of people who've used Ouija boards at some point in their life. And at stores there's often a few Ouija boards missing from the stacks. Which means a lot of people buy them. I think that already mentally unstable people can "complicate" and "become mentally disturbed" by using a Ouija board, but not mentally stable people.

BTW, when I asked how I would die, I got something starting with a k, then some numbers and letters, then a Yes. Very convincing.

Ouija Boards do not always open people up, they are only a tool that can expose people to evil. Numerous people speak of terrifying experiences they have had with Ouija Boards. You do not hear about such experiences coming from people who use a monopoly board.

Ouiji Boards
JackFlash

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:10 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70034 wrote:
Most scientist refuse to do such studies, becasue they have little intrest in such things. And I doubt you would believe in the finding of any such study anyway. It's been my experience, that even when you have credible people giving detailed accounts, non believers always ignore their findings, or dismiss them in anyway possible.

In the early 80s I designed a method to determine whether a person was actually remembering a past life under hypnosis or experiencing a fantasy. I knew many people who believed in past lives, but none wanted to participate in the experiment. (I was qualified to do this). It seems they were content to continue to believe without verification, rather than take a chance on finding out that their past life is just a fantasy.

Duke University in North Carolina has had first class psi program for decades. I had some seminars there in the early 80s. The college I attended had psi courses thru the mid 90s. The Soviet Union had researched centers as far back as the 50s. There was a lot of research from the 60s thru the 80s all over the country and around the world, but has declined over the years because they have found very little.

I studied this stuff for about 10 years myself, and found absolutely nothing. But, I did find good explanations for everything.

A thing is what it is, no matter what you call it.
A thing does what it does no matter what you think it does.
Where nothing is, nothing will be, no matter what you think is there.
The world will be what it is, no matter what you think it should be.
Opinions have no value in reality.
0 Replies

JackFlash

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:19 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70035 wrote:
Ouija Boards do not always open people up, they are only a tool that can expose people to evil. Numerous people speak of terrifying experiences they have had with Ouija Boards. You do not hear about such experiences coming from people who use a monopoly board.

Ouiji Boards

I played around with one for 5 or 6 years. His name was Thomas. He gave me a lot of advice and a lot of information that could not be verified. It was fun, and it's just a game.

I do know a lot of people who have gone bankrupt because of the Monopoly board.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 11:38 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;69849 wrote:
Do you have a legitimate scientific source?

I take that as a NO
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:04 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70035 wrote:

Ouiji Boards

That is like saying people who go to a ride in Disneyland and see "a ghost" are justified in their claims, using your logic. "You do not hear about such experiences coming from people who ride a ride in which no one had died." And apparently the ghost revelations are selective, as well as Ouija boards.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:40 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;70062 wrote:
That is like saying people who go to a ride in Disneyland and see "a ghost" are justified in their claims, using your logic. "You do not hear about such experiences coming from people who ride a ride in which no one had died." And apparently the ghost revelations are selective, as well as Ouija boards.

I don't know of any rides at Disneyland, that were designed to conjored up spirits. The Ouija board has a long history of this. And of course these experiences are selective. And that is because these demonic encounters involve spirit beings that choose who they want to attack. Their are so many such stories involving demonic attacks while useing Ouija boards, I really don't know how anyone can ignore them.

ouija board
JackFlash

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:46 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70127 wrote:
I don't know of any rides at Disneyland, that were designed to conjored up spirits. The Ouija board has a long history of this. And of course these experiences are selective. And that is because these demonic encounters involve spirit beings that choose who they want to attack. Their are so many such stories involving demonic attacks while useing Ouija boards, I really don't know how anyone can ignore them.

ouija board

Why haven't these people collected their $1,000,000 reward from James Randy? All anyone has to do for the money is present proof to James Randy that anything psychic exists and he will give them $1,000,000. This reward has been offered for decades, yet no one has collected it yet.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 10:26 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70127 wrote:

ouija board

Yes a board made by the Parker brothers and probably manufactured at some factory in China has magic powers...

really? :what:

Are you that gullible?
Campbell34

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:26 am
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;70132 wrote:
Why haven't these people collected their $1,000,000 reward from James Randy? All anyone has to do for the money is present proof to James Randy that anything psychic exists and he will give them $1,000,000. This reward has been offered for decades, yet no one has collected it yet.

The beings that exist in the spirit world, often do not do command performances. Nor are they looking to help anyone of us financially.

And it appears, Randi wrote his "OFFER" in a way that he never would have to make good on it.

James Randi
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70150 wrote:
Yes a board made by the Parker brothers and probably manufactured at some factory in China has magic powers...

really? :what:

Are you that gullible?

The boards themselves do not have powers. Yet the boards can aid one in contacting the spirit world that is around us. And no, I'm not gullible. I have personally encountered such spirits myself. And this occured without any invitation by me. Such a world does exist, and this world defies human logic, and understanding. And only a Biblical understanding will give you a field of reference.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 04:59 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70160 wrote:
Such a world does exist, and this world defies human logic, and understanding.

It would have to, or you might seem crazy.:what:

Good thing eh?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 05:02 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70160 wrote:
The boards themselves do not have powers. Yet the boards can aid one in contacting the spirit world that is around us.

Then what is it? Why can I summon spirits with a Ouija board but not a monopoly board. Please explain this logic.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 10:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70173 wrote:
Then what is it? Why can I summon spirits with a Ouija board but not a monopoly board. Please explain this logic.

Because a Ouija board is set up in a way to allow a Spirit to spell out words, a monopoly board is not. It's pretty much, a common sense understanding.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:06 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70176 wrote:
Because a Ouija board is set up in a way to allow a Spirit to spell out words, a monopoly board is not.

So why does it matter whether it's letters on an Ouija Board(tm) or letters on a piece of paper?

Apparently spirits only want to communicate when you spend $6.99 on a parker brothers board game.

Quote:
It's pretty much, a common sense understanding.

No, it's bullshit superstitious nonsense that gullible people like you buy into. Some people grow up and realize spookies aren't real and other people wish to persist in fantasy.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70177 wrote:
So why does it matter whether it's letters on an Ouija Board(tm) or letters on a piece of paper?

Apparently spirits only want to communicate when you spend $6.99 on a parker brothers board game.

No, it's bull**** superstitious nonsense that gullible people like you buy into. Some people grow up and realize spookies aren't real and other people wish to persist in fantasy.

Well of course you believe this, only because you yourself have no knowledge of the supernatural. Your convinced you are correct, only because you ignore the experiences of others. My encounter with demons back in 1973, had nothing to do with being gullible. I delt with these things for a period of 6 months, and only after I met some Christian people who understood what was going on, was I able to rid myself of them.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:34 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70204 wrote:
Well of course you believe this, only because you yourself have no knowledge of the supernatural. Your convinced you are correct,

I believe I am correct. Is there anybody who believes something they think is wrong?

Quote:
only because you ignore the experiences of others.

And you selectively choose what experiences you want to believe and reject experiences that contradict your beliefs. What of those who witnessed a leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama? There are people who honestly believe they are the messiah, why don't you trust their experiences?

Quote:
My encounter with demons back in 1973, had nothing to do with being gullible. I delt with these things for a period of 6 months, and only after I met some Christian people who understood what was going on, was I able to rid myself of them.

I would say it's all in your head.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:42 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70215 wrote:
I believe I am correct. Is there anybody who believes something they think is wrong?

And you selectively choose what experiences you want to believe and reject experiences that contradict your beliefs. What of those who witnessed a leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama? There are people who honestly believe they are the messiah, why don't you trust their experiences?

If it was only in my head, that would not account for why others were having encounters with those same demons. During my delieverence, one of those present saw the demon burning up on the floor. Also, when they would question the demons, you could here some of the younger children in another remote room, respond to the question. We were unaware of that, until we listened to the tapes later on. Clearly, something more was going on here.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 12:37 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70220 wrote:

If it was only in my head, that would not account for why others were having encounters with those same demons. During my delieverence, one of those present saw the demon burning up on the floor.

Power of suggestion + overactive imagination

Quote:
Also, when they would question the demons, you could here some of the younger children in another remote room, respond to the question. We were unaware of that, until we listened to the tapes later on. Clearly, something more was going on here.

Probably because the kids thought you were talking to them, they probably didn't realize you were playing make-believe with your friends.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 02:30 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70226 wrote:
Power of suggestion + overactive imagination

Probably because the kids thought you were talking to them, they probably didn't realize you were playing make-believe with your friends.

I would say you are the one with the overactive imagination, because even on the tape you can hear my shock when I discovered the person across from me was hearing the same words I was hearing.

And the kids were in a seperate room and were not involved with the conversation occuring between the demons and the others. Yet they would often scream out something that would respond to a question that was directed at the demon, or respond to a Biblical story that was being read.
Clearly, the kids were not focused on what was going on.