Long Island Iced Tea

Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
The Long Island Iced Tea is most certainly a girlie drink, though relevant only to a specific type of girl.

This girl does not have an imagination powerful enough to elevate the first night of Spring Break to a level matching her expectations. Her morals are a pain in the ass at house parties. She has a butterfly tattoo on the small of her back. She is majoring in Communications. She has until tomorrow to write a trite personal essay about her dead grandma.
panzade

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 02:16 pm
@Gargamel,
I don't know how you come up with these exquisite profiles Garg
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 02:34 pm
@panzade,
He was young and needed the money, panz Wink

As for me, being new to the U.S. was my excuse. Haven't had a Long Island
iced tea since and won't have on in the future either. That stuff kills not only
germs.
dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

bar tender's point of view.

old skool rufies...

I have maintained my dignity and poise in the face of several Long Island Iced Teas.

0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
I like it when I can see the booze, smell the booze, taste the booze. Don't give
the bastid the chance to sneak up on ya.

Vodka martini, straight up, twist of lemon.

Say good-night, George.
Good-night, George.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 04:08 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
She has a butterfly tattoo on the small of her back.

Can she also have a dolphin tattooed around her ankle? Or is that soooo 1990s?
Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 05:51 pm
@Shapeless,
Oh, definitely.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:05 pm
@Shapeless,
I would and have ordered them without thinking anything negative about myself.

Given the amount of alcohol in the drink, I can't imagine why someone could think it a girlie drink. It usually has enough booze to get a life sized stone statue of an elephant drunk.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:16 am
Apparently I am not the first to ask this question. My favorite response I've seen so far: "If mixing at least 5 kinds of alcohol with a splash of lemonade is a girly drink, then GIRL POWER!"

I also found a site purporting to identify the "Top 10 Manliest Girly Alcoholic Drinks":

Quote:
1. Kyoto Cocktail - Ingredients: 3 oz gin, 1 oz Midori melon liqueur, 1/2 oz dry vermouth, 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
2. Long Island Iced Tea - Ingredients: Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Triple Sec, Coke, and Sweet and sour Mix
3. Amaretto Sour - Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur, 1 - 2 splashes sweet and sour mix
4. White Russian - Ingredients: 2 oz vodka, 1 oz coffee liqueur, light cream
5. Black Velvet - Ingredients: 5 oz chilled stout, 5 oz chilled Champagne
6. Red Headed Slut - Ingredients: 1 oz peach schnapps, 1 oz Jagermeister herbal liqueur, cranberry juice
7. Appletini - Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Smirnoff Green Apple Twist vodka, 1 oz DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
8. Rum & Coke - Ingredients: 1/2 rum, 1/2 Coke/Pepsi
9. Lime Margarita - Ingredients: 1 cup tequila, 3/4 cup orange liqueur, such as triple sec, 1 cup fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon sugar
10. Snake Bite - Ingredients: Yukon Jack and lime juice
11. Diamond Fizz - Ingredients: Shot of gin, Juice from half a lemon, l tsp. powdered sugar, chilled champagne

White Russians? Margaritas? I've never cared about such things but I'm starting to realize that all my favorite drinks are girlie drinks. (Do I have to be ashamed about mojitos too? Lemon drops? Sangria?) I guess I'm a girlie-man.
0 Replies