Motorola Droid Ownership Check In

randy m

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 03:22 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Got mine on 11/6 - like another poster, I just wanted to look at it in the store, ended up buying it after about 5 minutes. They were out of the docks, though, and I have to wait until next week for it to be shipped to me.
CookieMomster

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:19 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Woot. Got it out the door today. Guess I can fix my car later. ROFLOL
0 Replies

hazydave

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 02:41 am
@Droid Motorola,
Got mine on Friday, roughly at 6:15AM. The store had a few people, but was not crowded.

I grabbed a few applications, including Frodo C64 (just 'cause this was outlawed on the iPhone), Flickster Movies, Barcode, and a bunch of others.

My daughter was taking a lifeguarding course (four hour class) on Friday night in some random part of Delaware, so I got to use this. My wife wanted to look for a new kitchen TV. My Pioneer GPS was in the shop, but it didn't matter. I had previously found a close Best Buy on Google Maps, which I had sent to my DROID. Clicked on the message, and it took me to Navigator, which works just like a regular GPS unit... found the store in no time.

At Best Buy, I was able to scan the TV she found and be pretty confident it was a good price (barcode scanner does want good lighting). Then we decided to see a movie, so I ran the movies app, and we were able to find a movie nearby that would be over before the lifeguarding class ("Men Who Stare At Goats"... I'll give it 2-1/2 stars, Liz would probably say one star).

This is definitely the kind of thing you're going to not want to be without, once you get used to it.
0 Replies

HeyTC

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 07:20 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Here is the link to the User Guide:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/Static-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 09:00 pm
@randy m,
randy_m;440 wrote:
Got mine on 11/6 - like another poster, I just wanted to look at it in the store, ended up buying it after about 5 minutes. They were out of the docks, though, and I have to wait until next week for it to be shipped to me.

Exact same for me. They said they were only given 5 and they sold out immediately. Said they'd ship it, and should be here Tuesday.
johnnyg

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 09:33 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
yes 11/6 at noon for me to. i am enjoying it.
cmacv

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 09:59 pm
@johnnyg,
/looks at watch.... is it the 17th yet? Grrrrr!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
ugadawg67

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 10:48 pm
@cmacv,
Got mine today, very happy so far!
0 Replies