Are women better than men in general at saving money?

andy003

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:33 am
And at money management? I think so...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,656 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

PeckyP

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:15 am
@andy003,
The real question here is what type of person is better at saving money and money management. Perhaps, in your opinion, there are more women who are that type of person than men. I'm a male in university, and I can tell you from my perspective that I save better than my closest female friends, which is why I get to shop more. =P
0 Replies

dadpad

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:39 am
I don't believe you can generalise women and men. My wife handles all the financial business in this house. Some men are hopeless when it comes to financial matter so are some women. Likewise some men are good at financial business and so are some women.

Does it matter all that much?
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:47 am
@andy003,
andy003 wrote:

And at money management? I think so...

Why do you think that?

I am female and I suck at it.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:54 am
Well, in my house the wife watches the coffers. And it works great that way...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:17 am
In our home, I too do the finances.
but it isnt because the Mister can not, it is because I technically only work part time so I have more free day time to make errands to pay bills, call banks, deal with account issues etc..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:13 am
no. each person is different.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:18 am
I think gender has nothing to do with it. I think being frugal is a gene, but we are also influenced by how we were taught to perceive money. Most people who manage money well learned it as a skill.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:06 pm
My late father and mother had about 5000 pounds (8000 dollars) in their joint account for years, but when he died and my mother got her hands on it, she frittered it away in 5 minutes.
I said to her when I found out:- "I know it's none of my business, but where did it go?" and she replied with a stupid grin- "I don't know, it just went, nothing lasts for ever"
Duh..

PS- I suspect she'd been using it to pay her rent instead of applying for council housing benefit like she was fully entitled to.
Duh again..
0 Replies