Lost cat returned home after nine years

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:00 am
Quote:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080910/2008_09_10t104650_450x301_us_britain_cat.jpg?x=180&y=120&q=85&sig=QTZEW6vS.uBRfJehwOXGIw-- Lost cat returned home after nine years

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - A British couple have been reunited with their missing cat after nine years, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) said on Wednesday.

Dixie, a 15-year-old ginger cat, disappeared in 1999 and her owners thought she had been killed by a car.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,614 • Replies: 7
No top replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:12 am
Quote:
She was found less than half a mile from her home in Birmingham after a concerned resident rang the animal charity to report a thin and disheveled cat who had been in the area for a couple of months.

Strange. If she had been in that area (so close to home) the whole time, you'd think she'd have found her way back home fairly easily. Perhaps there's another story then?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:18 am
Maybe she'd been kept indoors formost of those 9 years & her (new) owner had recently died or had moved? Anyway, whatever the story, she looks pretty pleased to be found again by someone who'll feed & look after her!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:46 am
@Robert Gentel,
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! That's made me all gooey. I bet the cat was, indeed, as Msolga says, at another home and somehow escaped or was abandoned.

I wonder if the cat remembers the owners???

I remember a few years after I sold my horse, I saw him when out driving in the hills, and stopped and called him. He came belting down a hill, whinnying his head off and acted almost like a dog does when you get home. I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for selling him. I hadn't thought a horse would remember...so maybe the cat does?
msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 02:12 am
@Borat Sister,
Quote:
I remember a few years after I sold my horse, I saw him when out driving in the hills, and stopped and called him. He came belting down a hill, whinnying his head off and acted almost like a dog does when you get home. I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for selling him. I hadn't thought a horse would remember...so maybe the cat does?

Oooooooh. Sad

Sorry to (briefly. I hope) change the subject, but why did you have to sell him. Deb? Must've been a very difficult thing to do.
dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 02:57 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Sorry to (briefly. I hope) change the subject, but why did you have to sell him. Deb? Must've been a very difficult thing to do.

Hmmmmm.....well, as is the way of such things, the girl grows up and turns her attention to the....well, not to put too fine a point upon it, to the pleasures of...well...men. And university and parties and hanging out and theatre and films and friends.

Embarrassed

Well, I guess they were boys...or young men.

Also, thing is, horses are expensive to maintain, so, on student earnings, this becomes difficult.

I sold him to a weekend farmer, where he got to hang out with cows and such (horses and cows often like each other) on a lovely hills property with lots of space and green grass, and he was ridden on the weekends when the guy was handling stock and such. He looked very happy.

I was stunned when he was so excited to see me...he was miles away, just a little red speck on top of a hill when I saw him...and I used the call I always used for him....and he TORE down to see me, and was absolutely ecstatic...very affectionate. My friends were gobsmacked.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:12 am
@dlowan,
Awwwww!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 03:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Came here from the blog... that will be useful! (Size/ align.)

Nice story too. Looks like a happy kitty.
0 Replies