Official A2K Invite

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:29 am
On May 9, 2009 it will be my 60th. birthday. A friend from Long Island is bringing down concert sound and lighting and we're having a party. We have bands coming to play from back in the day and some new bands that are big around here....I'm going to get to do sets with three different bands... Cirkus being the main one.... it's going to go noon to moon.... I'm going to put up inflatable games and rides and it's come one come all... no cover, bring your coolers, pack some food and bring chairs or a blanket.

Anyone from A2K that would like to trek down is invited. It's going to be a good time, and even if you don't care about the party or meeting the Bear it would be your chance to meet the much loved squinney.

So anyway... Stevefest.... May 9, 2009.

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I would love to meet both the bear AND Squinney, but, unless we visit our daughter in DC that month, I will be nowhere near your side of the country at that time. I trust there will be pictures though?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:48 am
@Foxfyre,
If anyone stays sober enough to operate the camera....
Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:26 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Penciled in. Thanks for the invite!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:51 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
don't forget to set it up as a facebook event !
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:58 am
A Party? Meet Bear and Squinney? I'm so there.
wandeljw

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Stevefest is perfect for an A2K Gathering, but who's Steve?
Mame

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
@martybarker,
I'm certainly interested in meeting both of you. It will depend on if I'm in camp, but I've got it pencilled in, too. Thanks for the invite and the heads up on your bit 6-0.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:24 am
@wandeljw,
some asshole nobody likes....squinney keeps him around because he carries out the trash..... it's really just a chance to meet her?
wandeljw

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:47 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Oh. It is clever to name it after someone like that. (People will be there to meet squinney, anyway.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 12:16 pm
Has anyone bothered to ask where this party is? Should I just drive around the country until I hear some noise. Will the fervent sound of partygoers blowing on their noisemakers signal me to stop?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 12:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Sounds like quite a party dude. Put me down as a definite maybe.
devriesj

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 01:42 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Sounds like fun to me! Don't know if I'll be able to go at all, but I sure wanna come! Yeah, like ehbeth said, make it a facebook event, put it on the net - go global!!
FreeDuck

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 02:42 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
How long a drive are you from Atlanta, Bear?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 03:18 pm
@FreeDuck,
5 or 6 hours... not bad at all....straight up 85 and then pick up 70 east
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 03:19 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
sorry gus...Raleigh NC or the general area...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 03:21 pm
You know what's funny? I put up this innocuous general invitation....and not like I care.... but when I left the house it had a 6 rating.... I come back and it has a 4....proof positive that as Roger says.... the new A2K is a popularity contest.... if someone doesn't like you they will give anything you do a thumbs down....pretty funny actually...
Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I love ya, but I voted it down because it was self promotion. I want us to ease up on our old censorship of this kind of thing (e.g. sugar blog issue is really the kind of thing that the site should be trying to control) but at the same time don't want it to be that prevalent. If you'd been voted down a few times I'd have voted you up, but you had one of the most popular topics of the day already so I voted it down to move it down the list a bit.

Nothing personal, I just would rather see other things being prominent and expressed a lil' -1 vote of my opinion. You are right that it's a popularity contest, but in my vote's case it was popularity of the content I'm commenting on and not the person. I just would rather see a great question or some great information be the most popular and was casting my editorial vote. When I post about things that aren't interesting to you feel free to do the same and I won't take it personally.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:08 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
No worries, dude; I cancelled Craven's vote. :razz:
Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:12 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
There ya go! My whole opinion just made pointless by one gay guy. Don't take voting personal.
0 Replies