Official A2K Invite

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:12 pm
@Craven de Kere,
why is it self promotion? It's a real party.... there's no cover charge or admission cost. I'd love to have some A2K members there and squinney and I thought it would be a perfect occasion to invite one and all . Better vote down every single person who suggests an A2k gathering then.... because by this definition that's self promotion.
Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:15 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I've never attended the gatherings so I'd probably vote them down too if they are on my topic grid. I am trying to cast my wee vote to influence what topics are most prominent, that's all. I'm voting down my own threads that I feel are less "good" than my others. If I were near this gathering and could attend I may have felt otherwise and it's nothing personal that it's not a thread I want to follow (which is all my negative vote means in this case).

But honestly, I think all this discussion about voting is harming your thread, and I'd rather not keep sidetracking it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
He may well do that -- and other's, who may want to participate in the gathering or stay around for the pictures, will vote them back up. It's how the new system works.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is there a nearby airport that JetBlue uses?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:24 pm
@ehBeth,
I can check... RDU is an international airport... we have all the modern conveniences... they've promised us cable in 2010....;0) on a serious note....yes.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:30 pm
@devriesj,
I'll pick you and my darling Brooklyn up on the way! (That way I'll be allowed in, too)

(Laughing Craven)
(Are the other emoticons comming back soon?)
Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:32 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
There're all here, but not all the same old syntax is supported. In any case I don't wanna distract this thread, it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun for those who can attend.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:34 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
I'll pick you and my darling Brooklyn up on the way! (That way I'll be allowed in, too)

Sounds awesome, Bill! Gonna hold ya to it! Wink I'm there! Very Happy
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:46 pm
I've been wanting to attend a gathering, this sounds like it would be a fun way to meet some of you all.

PS, I don't vote on threads generally.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 05:15 pm
I'd love to come, but the last time a member of my family was in North Carolina,
they shot him.
kickycan

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:33 pm
I don't know...I would like to meet Bear and Squinney, but that's quite a long trek...hmmmm...if martybarker goes I'll be there.
martybarker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:34 pm
@kickycan,
That's fine, I'm still waiting for my massage!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'll have to check if my better half and I can clear our calendar, but yeah, we'll be there.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 07:37 pm
@ehBeth,
According to Google, Jet Blue is serving Raleigh, which is where the Bear family lives.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:07 pm
Wow! Wish I could be there!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:28 pm
Raleigh-Durham is the prettiest part of the U.S. that I have ever seen. I spent a week there in the 1980's visiting a cousin who was attending Duke University.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is this party going to be like "Mama Mia" with kooks showing up in their period clothing singing and dancing all over the place?
Sglass

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:47 pm
@Sglass,
Oh and happy birthday no matter what happens(smiley).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:28 pm
I would love it, but I already know I can't be there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 09:30 am
@George,
We don't shoot Yankee carpetbaggers anymore... we hand 'em a glass of sweet tea and a "We don't care how you did it up North" bumper sticker.