Sugar Rant: People Say The Stupidest Things

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:01 pm
Beth - that's terrible!

Q - yes really. sigh.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 07:14 am
quinn - I know. It's just a bit disheartening that after all these years he still acts like a twit. Luckily, I still have the voodoo doll JerryR gave me. I've been saving it for a special occasion.

As for his relatives, I just have to keep reminding myself that if his brother marries his awful girlfriend she will thankfully NOT be my sister-in-law, but my husband's sister-in-law.....will repeat to myself when I feel the fist of doom forming.

ehBeth - poor neighbor! In MA I think it will be mandatory hands-free, and illegal for junior operators.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:08 am
Sugar wrote:
...As for his relatives, I just have to keep reminding myself that if his brother marries his awful girlfriend she will thankfully NOT be my sister-in-law, but my husband's sister-in-law.....will repeat to myself when I feel the fist of doom forming....

Oh, I hear that (for us, it's cousins).

Reading the rest with great interest and, yeah, many dumb boss tales to tell here.

"jespah, since you come in at 6 every morning, can you fix everything for me before I waltz in at nine? Oh, and can you stay till 6? It makes it look like you're really dedicated." Apparently 6 AM isn't dedicated, but 6 PM is. Fortunately, I tore out of that job in '00.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:39 am
Do dumb client tales fit here, too?

"I know I spelled that wrong, but don't fix it. I want the typos in there. It makes me look more accessible."

(That wasn't the word I would have chosen...) Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 11:32 am
My current discontent isn't really about family stupidity. My problem is with a secondary sexual characteristic.

A Good Woman can diet all by herself. A dieting man needs a good woman to fix the food and look up the calorie count and remind him to exercise and point out that the color green does not necessarily mean "low calorie".

Olives are green. Olives are also the source of TA DAH! Olive Oil

Spearmint leaves are green, too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 11:37 am
You mean lime jello isn't healthier than strawberry jello?? Drat!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 02:39 pm
Olive oil is a big part of the currently trendy Mediterranean Diet. Supposed to be incredibly healthy.

Can we say idjits again?

IDJITS!

(that's for work)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 02:39 pm
duplicate delete
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 03:15 pm
So they say. "They" also say that more than a teaspoon full is just extra calories.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
Ok....people say the stupidest things rant
ARGH

So, Im driving down the street, a main street, at you know, rush hour and mr old odd fella is crossing the street just up a bit....now mind you...he is not bothering to cross in the crosswalk and following behind me there are no cars so, by the time mr fellow gets to the middle of the road...well, I will go by...zoom...and he can continue on his merry way being an idiot...I wont fault him for that..I have done it myself...in that same spot even however, I know Im doing wrong, and I wouldnt even blame someone for running my butt into the ground....he OBVIOUSLY has different views since when I was driving past him he yelled into my window "Stupid" to which I said as I was driving away... "crosswalk" ..however he was ignoring me or I should have yelled it maybe...I think now though I should have stopped and given him my two cents right there in the middle of the road.
I continue down to the stop light, where there is the crosswalk and on street parking and all that to see mr fellow didnt even bother to park ... well, you know in a public parking space outside the front of the store he went to (he had a bag so, I know where he was coming from). He parked in the church parking lot.
So...my assumption of the situation is this:
Mr fellow decided he didnt want to bother turning around, crossing traffic or trying to parallel park so he pulled in the church parking lot. Fine, whatever really...not a sin or anything I suppose. He then crossed the street via the no crosswalk method, did his business and crossed again in the same manner...when he came in contact with me..who did not stop for him to allow him his royal presence to go on his merry way in the manner which he would have liked....and IM THE STUPID ONE.
bastid
Shouldve stopped right there and given him what for and showed him the crosswalks in view, called the cops, started a big brawl, something....okay..my hope is that he went into the church and confessed....or something.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:18:32