Sugar Rant: People Say The Stupidest Things

Sugar

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 07:47 am
Here is my sad story. Please feel free to complain openly about the people in your lives that, although you generally like them, irritate you with periods of idiocy.

The boy friends are getting married - Joe and Nancy. They have asked him to do a reading at the wedding. I asked if Nancy wanted to pick it herself or if she asked him to pick it out. He said that she wanted him to pick it out. The boy asked me to do some searching and perusing because I am a bit more famlilar with the bible than he is because he is a hypocritical 'Catholic' and I've read the whole thing about 4 times over. Anyhow...

I spent about an hour and a half looking up passages then another hour narrowing them down and emailing him what I suggested with excerpts so he could pick one or ask me to look up some more. I consider this a significant amount of work thoughtfully done, especially considering that it really has nothing to do with me.

So, I get an email back from him telling me that he doesn't think Joe will like them because, and I quote, "they sound homosexual" and then the boy just forwarded them to Nancy anyway so she could pick one she liked.

I sent him a quick email explaining that just because he doesn't understand that the New Testament talks about man's love for God and Jesus, it is not homosexual, and if the boy and/or Joe cannot wrap their minds around this, well, they're idiots.

However, I will include myself in the idiot brigade because I'm the moron who did all of this work for a man who responded like a 10 year old and gave it to the bride to pick out anyway.

......gggggggggrrrrrrrrr.......

So, is there anyone near and dear to you who is a nominee for the idot brigade today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,129 • Replies: 29
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 08:26 am
hehehehe, hiya Sugar!

My neice, nearly 4 years old, is going through one helluva stubborn streak. She screams when the TV is turned off. She rages when I tell her she can't have this or that.

We went into a tea shop to get a decaffeinated 'bubble tea'. That's a cuppa tea with little tapioca pearls that roll around the bottom of the cup until you suck one up with a straw the size of a cigar. My neice likes this stuff, I went in to buy one for us to share. We'd just had lunch with her mother who got a caffeinated version that my neice got to share, and she wanted more. So, while the tea is being prepared for us, she goes over to a little fridgerator and said she wanted a juice she saw in there. I told her we were here to get a tea. We went back and forward until I was trying to pry her little fingers off the fridge door. And then, trying to pry her little fingers of the exit door frame. We managed to get out of the store (me carrying a squirming little girl, two umbrellas, a cup of tea, a daifukko, a raincout and an extra shirt).

I told my sister about it later. She said, why didn't you just buy her the juice? I explained, mostly nicely, that her daughter is a spoiled brat.

A few days later sis calls from her car, on her cell, a little frantic ("S's having an episode...."), and asks me what "E (S's friend's name) milk, chocolate with a cow box" meant. I told her it was a kind of chocolate milk and told her where to get it.

On monday I asked my sister why she bought the damned milk. She said they were having such a special day that she didn't want it to end badly. And thus, the spoiled rotten little girl will continue to be just that.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 08:43 am
...hhmmm...I like that 'special day' thing.

"You know, we're having such a special day that I don't want to start screaming at you. But if you don't take me to the South End for dinner, well, that's exactly what's going to happen. Why do you want to ruin our special day?! ahhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:24 am
Haha!

I'm having such a special morning here by myself that I'd hate to ruin it by going to work - you take care of your own kid!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:45 am
The Bible sounds homosexual? Bah!

Send him the verse about how David's love for Jonathan was greater than his love for women. Watch him give birth to a cow.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:02 am
Ha ha! Good one Craven...is it my imagination or is A2K strangely fixated on homosexuality and the bible/Christianity these days?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:15 am
It's just you.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:24 am
Well, good to know then.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:32 am
Stupid? You don't know the half of it.

Before going on vacation, the boss requested a new customer to provide details on a job my office pal is to prepare bids for. He sent them HIS OWN DAMN EMAIL ADDRESS.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:50 am
A girlfriend called me up first thing this morning. Wanted to know what I thought of this idea...

A "friend" of hers who used to handle her finances (due to her illness) was cheating her, and I encouraged her a couple of years ago to get rid of the guy. She did, even though he left owing her quite a sum of money. I told her she should file suit. She groused about it, but never did. Now she calls me and says her house needs work, and this same guy is an amateur carpenter, and she thought maybe he could pay her back some of the money he owes her by working on her house?

I was speechless..........which for me, is really something!

She has Huntington's Disease, and I think her mind is beginning to go. I'm pretty sure she was upset when we got off the phone because I wouldn't agree with her. So now she is confused. Great. Just great.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 03:27 pm
Misery loves company--particularly company with wit and perspective. I'm listening.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 03:48 pm
My stupid email rant for the day (and the next day and the next day):

One of the joys of server administration is dealing with people like my boss. I administer the server for our company and set up all of our email accounts. I travelled to his home to set up his outlook express to check his email.

This was 6 months ago, but to this day, every time he is travelling and needs to check his email he calls me and asks for his password (whcih is his damn name).

If that isn't stupid enough, as soon as he finally gets into his account he usually gets all suspicious like and says "So, you can access my email if you want to right? You have the password."

He'd too stupid to remember a password that is his name. He's so stupid that he wants me to both remember his password AND retain the inability to check his email (which he'll ask me to any time he's travelling and can't find an AOL program on the computer, to him AOL is the internet and his email and all programs).

Furthermore he knows I am the server administrator and that I have root access. It's simply not possible to ahve root access to the server and not have access to certain areas of it. But he is still very suspicious that I could read his email.

GRRR.

Here's a recent concversation we had:

Boss: "hey, I'm in AOL (remember all things related to computers is AOL to him so this means he turned on his computer) and I can't save this file"
Me: "Sigh, what program are you in?"
Boss "I'm in file, edit, tools..."
Me "I should have joined the military"
Boss "But then you wouldn't have the chance to work with me"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 05:34 pm
Craven and Setanta apparently work for the same idjit. Evil or Very Mad

My idjit boss tried to put the blame for me being overworked on me - well, specifically, me not complaining and not showing stress - which is why he kept transferring work from the complainers to me. His boss came down on him - so he had the nerve to tell me I don't complain enough. Ha! I made him pay again. I complained to his boss. Ptooooooooey on you.

errrrrrrr, Kris - if your sister calls on her cell while driving - please tell her from me she's an idjit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 05:39 pm
Uh no, Beth, I won't. I chose my battles carefully.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 06:04 pm
Maybe throw the story of my neighbour's son at her. The woman who killed him is finally doing jail time. Turned out she was driving without a license - she'd already hit two people last year while driving and talking on the cell phone. Idjit.

Isn't Ma one of the states that's making it illegal?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 06:13 pm
Maybe, I dunno if we're making it illegal. Sounds like the lady in your story had more issues than talking on the cell while driving.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 06:13 pm
Wait wait! THE neighbor's son?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 08:38 pm
Sugar

Not only do you get the boy...you get all his friends and relations as well. Wink
I think it was very thoughtful and kind of you to do all that research for the boy.
I think it was funny that he reacted the way he did, although not surprising.
BUT...thats just me. Smile

Better luck next time?
Find the DELETE button quicker?
Make a voodoo doll in his image for just these occassions?

just rant
we'll listen
hope it helps
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 08:39 pm
k--really? yuikes
spoiled children bad....worse though for the nanny..so sorry!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 08:59 pm
THE neighbour in the sense of the neighbour whose skin cancer just metastized into his bones,and was given 6 - 24 months. Yup. The same neighbour who collapsed on Thursday and had a pacemaker put in Friday. They've had one shitty year.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sugar Rant: People Say The Stupidest Things
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:17:06