The Theme, the Impossible Theme

Wally Tea

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:10 pm
Chai wrote:
Wally Tea wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Chai.... is Wally home?

What is it this time, Gus?

He just wants to feel up my Sleeping Beauty "Heidi in the Mountains" gown.

Let's see how far he gets with me wearing that gown!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:16 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
We didn't do anything extravagant at all...and still spent close to $20,000 on our wedding.

Food is e x p e n s i v e.

You could hold your wedding like at Whole Foods...then, your guests could just wander around and get samples of buffalo yogurt and ugli fruit salsa. I scored a free range chicken wing there last week.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:20 pm
Chai--

Did you know that the Post Wedding Blues are now recognized as a syndrome to be treated by trendy marriage counselors? It seems that some Brides have difficulty abandoning the Pursuit of Ego-Centered Perfection and settling down to the routine of making a marriage.

In my World Scheme having a $50,000 wedding is more respectable than having a $50,000 funeral--but just barely.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:35 pm
I've been thinking about this a bit and wondering if it might have something to do with the fact that the current generation of marriage aged women are really the first that have been marketed to from the cradle. Disney has been a big part of that.

Maybe Disney funerals won't be far behind.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:38 pm
YEAH!

We could have the Sleeping Beauty Casket!!!

Complete with 7 little dwaves carved on the coffin, mourning the dearly departed.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 01:01 pm
Disney funerals?

What happened to the old-fashioned custom of rolling the wicked stepmother and step sister down the hill in a barrel of in-facing nails?

The corpses would be ready to compost.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 01:06 pm
I did read an article about the new "green" burials. Perhaps Disney needs to look into that....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 01:17 pm
The Mind Boggles:

http://casketxpress.com/show/Art+Caskets.html

http://www.undertakers.uk.com/services/coffins/

http://www.casketroyale.com/html/products_childrens.html

Now I come from a family where an economical funeral is a badge of honor....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 02:09 pm
Post Wedding Blues....good lord....what next.

Sadly, in todays society, I can totally see that. I'm of the opinion there are FAR too many people walking around with an overblown sense of entitlement.

For someone who has grown up assuming they deserve all these wonderful things happening to them, and take for granted they are going to get a wonderful job, travel widely, have perfect children, I'm sure their egos are just feed by thinking they are the center of attention for their wedding.

"I was a princess bride, and now you want me to wash SOCKS?!!"
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:03:05