Unwanted Mail and Bills

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 02:06 pm
For a couple of months I have been getting travel information for cities and towns in Ohio and here in Maryland. The problem is that I have not ordered them. Yesterday I got a $1.95 bill for The New York Times and today I received a $19.94 bill for Prevention Magazine. Again, I did not order them. The Times had a toll free number so I called them and said I did not order the paper, but Prevention Magazine has no toll free number and I'll be damned if I am going to use a 42c first class stamp. What can I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,018 • Replies: 2
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:46 am
How about call them collect Laughing
I have done that and when the operator asks who is calling say a customer

or

send them an email

or

write on the bill - "I never ordered your magazine" & then put it back in it's original envelope and write "Return To Sender" on the front of the envelope,
then put the envelope in the mail box
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:13 am
I had trouble with a magazine once -- the sent me a "free trial subscription" then sent me a bill. I wrote cancel on the bill and sent it back. They billed me again. I didn't pay. They started sending more bills and threatened to turn me over to a collection agency.

I called the postal inspector and everything stopped immediately.

So my advice is to call the postal inspector.
0 Replies