IP address..

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:36 am
Well I was just wondering how I change my IP address.. Ive tried so far but haven't as of yet been successful. If anyone could help me with this matter id glady appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 701 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:41 am
You haven't provided enough information for an accurate answer.

How are you connected to the Internet (dial-up? DSL? Cable? Through a home network router?)? What are you trying to change the IP address on (a server? Desktop PC?)? What OS are you running?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:58 am
Like fishin said, you haven't given enough information.

If you want to change your IP on your own network then it becomes an easy exercise.

If you want to change your IP on someone else's network or in how you connect to the internet, then it is a question of how you are assigned an IP address on that network. If you get your IP address dynamically it can change by simply disconnecting from the network and reconnecting. If it is a static or assigned IP then you probably can't change it without losing your ability to connect to the network.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 07:40 am
Just in case you don't know it and/or want to watch of changes worked:

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Walibo.jpg

:wink:
0 Replies

MC Kruger

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 07:54 am
I have xdsl 2 with a web excel modem/router.. I think the problem is that I have a static IP address.. I guess im going to have to ring the company and ask them to make it a dynmanic one... but in the router settings it has a dynamic and static IP.. So im confused Confused
0 Replies