Name a Time When You've Been Wrong

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:25 pm
Yeah, I'm the same way. I didn't post here because I'd already made an overkillingly big deal of it elsewhere on A2K at the time, but when I was wrong about what time a dental appointment was and therefore missed it (and made 'em swallow the cost of an interpreter that they were nice enough to get for me) I felt like absolute crap for at least a few days. I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when I do something wrong that can only be alleviated by a) fixing it or b) waiting. Sometimes for a very long time, depending on how wrong it was.

And I just read on another site that non-religious people are amoral. Ha!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 04:25 pm
Snood wrote:
Name a Time When You've Been Wrong

Happens all the time. Most recently I argued against a single payer system for American Health Care. Michael Moore (of all people) convinced me I was wrong (here).
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:50 pm
sozobe wrote:
I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when I do something wrong that can only be alleviated by a) fixing it or b) waiting. Sometimes for a very long time, depending on how wrong it was.

Yep, me too. And the funny thing is that I recognize this in my son and try to counter it. I found myself explaining to him the virtue of breaking the rules at Monkey Joe's last weekend. We had forgotten socks and they couldn't play without socks. Ducklet, of course, ran off and did it anyway without a second thought (and was eventually caught, but got quite a bit of bouncing in before they caught her) but Duckie wouldn't have it. I tried to convince him. I explained how he could try it anyway and get some playing in before they caught him and he had to stop, or he could just sit there and watch and not get to play at all. He was completely unconvinced. The idea of getting caught doing something wrong was just too much to bear. He wouldn't have been able to live with himself. Eventually Mr. Duck brought us some socks.

On reflection I find it hilarious that I have such a good boy that I actually have to play devil's advocate to try to convince him to break the rules sometimes. When I hear the things that come out of my mouth, I'm shocked and amused.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:05 pm
That's really funny, freeduck. Your boy sounds like a sure fire winner.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:22 pm
It's not being wrong, it's whether one has regrets.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:36 pm
I have often been amazed that I'm right...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:39 pm
I was wrong and apologized to caribou, CalamityJane & Phoenix32890
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:05 am
Yeah, I love that story, and the very clear portrait it draws of both kids. :-)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:44:37