The worst band you've ever seen live (that you'll admit to)

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:11 pm
I have a couple. First, Huey Lewis and The News.

Hey, it was nineteen eighty-something! Everybody liked that stupid band!

And the next one...ooh, this one's really bad...KC and the Sunshine Band. Aside from being a crappy band (although there really wasn't a band. It was mostly a track playing somewhere behind him and his couple of dancers), this was actually the worst concert I've ever been to as well. This was in the mid-nineties, and I thought it would be a goofy fun thing to do...haha, let's go see KC and the Sunshine Band. It'll be so bad, it'll be GOOD! WRONG-O!

He was an overweight middle-aged pervert, and his banter consisted of inane platitudes and come-ons to the mostly teen-age girls in the front row. It was kind of creepy.

So how 'bout you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,220 • Replies: 17
No top replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:14 pm
I saw The Isley Brothers back in the 70's. They were so bad and, if I recall, it's kinda hazy, I think Sly Stone was on the bill, as a solo act, and he was even worse.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:16 pm
I heard seeing Sly used to be a real crapshoot. I guess his shows could suck or be great, depending on the amount of alcohol and drugs he'd ingested before the show.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:21 pm
kickycan wrote:
I heard seeing Sly used to be a real crapshoot. I guess his shows could suck or be great, depending on the amount of alcohol and drugs he'd ingested before the show.

The crapshoot was whether he would show up at all! I remember, it was the summer of 1971...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
trixter Embarrassed

if you have to look it up, dont bother.. please.. .

save me that last dignity
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
I was on my way to a Warrant/Kix concert when the car we were in broke down.

And I went to a No Doubt concert. I was in college. There weren't a lot of cars in the parking lot, and when we were leaving, there was a ton of parents standing outside waiting for their kids.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:38 pm
Twisted Sister.

It was a date (I swear) and I did not pay for the tickets. I think I was 17. I broke up with the guy two days later while my ears were still ringing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
trixter Embarrassed

if you have to look it up, dont bother.. please.. .

save me that last dignity

Ha, that really is embarrassing. Trixter. HA!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:16 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Twisted Sister.

It was a date (I swear) and I did not pay for the tickets. I think I was 17. I broke up with the guy two days later while my ears were still ringing.

I would have loved to see them when I was a kid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:18 pm
The Philaelphia Philharmonic (ok its a large band). They were doing a selection of John Williams songs and I think John Williams was leading it as a guest conductor. What a POS that night was.

The Eagles, when everybody on stage was loaded(good thing I was too, or I woulda demanded some cash back)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:19 pm
First of all, seeing Twisted Sister live RULES. I'm jealous.

My list is f---ing egregious. I saw all these bands before the age of twelve, and I did not ASK to see them, I simply tagged along after my parents. DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR?

In descending order of shitty:

4. Color Me Badd (a pretty "badd" start, but it gets worse)
3. Paula Abdul (okay, CMB opened for her)
2. Amy Grant (still suffering post-traumatic stress disorder)
1. MICHAEL F---ING BOLTON (I am unable to father children)

Do your worst.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:25 pm
BoDeans last summer, I volunteered to work the beer garden (yea they really had to twist my arm) and they were playing. They were barely going through the motions and on top of that Liquid Soul performed right before with a sensational show.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:32 pm
Hahaha, that is a f*cking hilarious list, Garg. Oh my god. I bet you danced too, didn't you? Don't lie!

By the way, does anyone remember when Michael Bolton was a rocker?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:44 pm
If I had a time machine I would go back to that Twisted Sister concert with Gargamel and Slappy as my dates. I would also bring ear plugs.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:27 pm
Green Witch wrote:
If I had a time machine I would go back to that Twisted Sister concert with Gargamel and Slappy as my dates. I would also bring ear plugs.

In the parking lot before the show, we'd huff paint and eat corn dogs. You'd have the time of your life.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
Hahaha, that is a f*cking hilarious list, Garg. Oh my god. I bet you danced too, didn't you? Don't lie!

By the way, does anyone remember when Michael Bolton was a rocker?

I've never seen that Bolton video before. Priceless. Very "Here I Go Again On My Own."

I love how he struts around with that guitar but doesn't play until his weak-ass solo.

Almost as much as I love the comments people have left. About how he ruined his "rock" career by singing equally pussified songs, the ones that unfortunately made it onto the Billboard charts and into my ears.

"I put my heart on the line."--Bolton
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:46 pm
a tie between the first Blue Oyster Cult tour and the first Lynrd Skynrd tour
0 Replies

cumulus

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 05:52 am
A group calling themselves Martian Dance.

The highlight of their deathly dull performance was to go along the stage lighting a series of candles by hand, then, unbelieveably, they put them all out again - one by one, by hand - a few minutes later.

God it was depressing!
0 Replies