Harry Potter VII is Coming. Are you re-reading Vol. I-VI?

Eorl

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:13 pm
No time for re-reading. Will have the new one less than 24 hours!

Have to read it before the spoilers of the world ruin it for me!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:11 am
Spoilers are nasty people. Of course, in some ways the reader has more fun exploring a plot without a detailed road map, but for me an integral part of Book VII will be not in seeing who dies, but in seeing why they die and how this balances the Universe of Hogwarts.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:25 am
Soz--

I've just finished my morning newspapers, reading every line of the Harry Potter ballyhoo including the opinions of two intelligent nine year olds who have enjoyed the first six books.

There is also a 13 year old who mourns ruefully that on her 11th birthday, she hoped for a letter from Dumbledore admitting her to Hogwarts. While she realized that this wasn't likely--after all Hogwarts didn't have American exchange students--she had hopes.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:33 am
Just returned from taking M to her swim lesson. What did I find waiting at my front door?

Smile Smile Smile

Cutely packaged with a note saying: "Attention Muggles, do not open or deliver before July 21!

Can't wait to crack the book open! Tonight.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:41 am
Heatwave--

My copy arrived this morning about eight o'clock and I've been dealing with my chores so I can start reading this afternoon with a clear conscience.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:32 pm
Anyone finish the book yet? I finished it at about midnight last night. What a journey it's been!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:43 pm
Shapeless--

I finished yesterday about 10:30.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:26 pm
And I wish you all a pleasant reading experience.

I can take the media frenzy. Makes me roll my eyes, but whatever. Many things do. I can avoid them.
But when they turned Harvard square, which i have to get through to go home, into Hogwarts, and it's full of 20-something people acting like retards, that's a little too much. That I cannot avoid. Mad

Sorry to intervene with this among the pleasant happy posts, I really have nothing against the books, though I'm done with HP (read 1, and that was just enough. Not bad.) I just wish they kept him out of my way.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:43 pm
I am sentimental about Harry Potter because I watched my children grow up reading each book as soon as it came out.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:53 pm
Wandeljw--

I know what you mean. I have a decade of personal landmarks tied in with the Harry Potter Saga.

Dag--

No offense. Our worlds just don't completely overlap.

I read this today and thought of you:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1645157,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1645079_1412167,00.html
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:07 pm
of me? i am no femme fatale, much less a fatal femme.

i only like amateur boxing, with head gear, where KO is a no go. Boxing without protection is only about the top 1% of the entire sport and i was never a fan. i wouldn't do that even to those overgrown kids at the Hogwarts Square here in Cambridge on that unfortunate Friday night.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:10 pm
Dag--

I was reminded by the proud empowerment, not the bloodlust.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:21 pm
ah, good good. i thought it must have been something like that, but then got engrossed in the article itself.

they also have another photo story there - getting ready for Harry Potter, but I lost the link. Pictures are taken in various countries on Friday, I think.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:38 pm
tried to read the books and for some reason couldn't get into them

i do love the audio versions, especially the series as read by stephen fry

listened to book 5 and 6 in advance of book 7, listened to the first 10 chapters of book 7 today, very interesting so far
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:07 am
Djjd--

Where do you listen to your audio books? In your car?

Dag--

My life is a quiet one. For my own self-centered amusement I've endowed conspicuous A2K members with a mythic stature. You are an Amazon Warrior Woman, well-equipped with both mental and physical weapons.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 02:56 pm
I haven't heard the Stephen Fry recordings, but I hear good things about them. I've heard the Jim Dale recordings and they're marvelous.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:42 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Djjd--

Where do you listen to your audio books? In your car?

everywhere, with my mp3 player
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:44 pm
Shapeless wrote:
I haven't heard the Stephen Fry recordings, but I hear good things about them. I've heard the Jim Dale recordings and they're marvelous.

i listened to the first three books read by dale, then i heard fry and couldn't imagine anyone else reading them, i searched out the first three books as read by him and listened to them again
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 08:21 pm
Ok. Devouring over. I think a couple weeks before the savouring.

Good. Very good. Very, very good.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 09:50 am
By the weekend the book should be safe to discuss--providing people realize there may be "spoilers".
0 Replies