Photobucket security

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:51 am
Actually, this question relates to all services of this type, including Snapfish, Picasa, etc. How is unauthorized access to and use of pictures placed on these sites prevented? I had stuff on Photobucket, and it was accessed & downloaded by another user. The particular circumstances made it this perfectly ok, but how can others be warded off?

I have read that Photobucket, etc are very easy to penetrate, and that some people simply copy items on these sites and present them elsewhere as their own work.

I seem to recall some method of computerized marking of a picture so that it is incontrovertibly protected because the mark is indelible.

Can anyone remember if this marking system was an A2K thread and point me to it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 786 • Replies: 2
No top replies

alfred

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:42 am
I think all sites including photobucket, picassa, shutterfly has a facility of public and private albums. Why don't you put your images in an album and mark it private so that unless you invite someone to view your images, no one can view your work leave alone copy it. Another option is watermarking all images or add information to the JPEG data so that the JPEG data always gives out your name as the image creator,
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:22 am
Photobucket security
Thanks, Alfred. "Watermarking" may lead m to the thread I had in mind. I'll check it out.
0 Replies