life in new mexico (Sopranos)

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:34 pm
All the noise about The Sopranos on all the news today makes me wonder just how isolated me and the lady Diane are. We have never seen an episode of The Sopranos. ( I don't even know if I am spelling it correctly)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Diane

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:43 pm
When will you learn, sweet cowboy, that we are just old hicks from New Mexico?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:16 pm
Dys you will not be able to converse on popular culture at parties until you have seen at least the fist three seasons! You will not know what Tony was discussing at the Bada Bing! You will not know why they killed Pussy! You will not understand the social implications of Tony's near-death dreasm! And you will never ponder the sudden blackout ending of the final episode!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:30 pm
That's okay. He can still talk to me. I never watched it either. Laughing
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:32 pm
But mostly you are missing some awesome tits!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:47 am
I knew the show existed, but I don't have cable. Doubt that I would have watched, since I could not take The Godfather films.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:43 am
Dont feel so bad.
Im stuck in the huge hustle bustle city Austin, where we have electric cars now!! Laughing

who are the sopranos anyway?

I have NEVER watched one episode. Dont care too.
In fact, we dont even have local tv.

So neener neener
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:17 am
Hah, so we're not alone Dys, except for that Capo Nick (awsome tits) Fun.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:24 am
NickFun wrote:
But mostly you are missing some awesome tits!

Cool
Not me.
I see some every time I take a shower..
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:27 am
Re: life in new mexico (Sopranos)
dyslexia wrote:
All the noise about The Sopranos on all the news today makes me wonder just how isolated me and the lady Diane are. We have never seen an episode of The Sopranos. ( I don't even know if I am spelling it correctly)

Whatever this `New Mexico' is, it must be farther removed from civilization than Germany. I have watched all episodes of season 1-6 on DVD, and the first three episodes of season 7 at Squinney and Bear's.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:32 am
Perfect answer, Shewolf!

Thomas, no fair bringing logic into this conversation.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:36 am
Diane wrote:
Thomas, no fair bringing logic into this conversation.

Oh, so Dys didn't really mean to imply there is life in this `New Mexico' place. Now I get it. Good one! Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:57 am
Dys
I watched one of the first episodes and never watched any more.

If I want to watch the lives of crime families, I watch political and corporate family members of the criminal classes.

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:02 am
oh wow....and this is coming from someone who doesn't watch much tv...the sopranos are well worth renting and watching.

I didn't watch either for a long time, until a friend of more than 30 years ordered me to.

He told me how they show all these places where we grew up, and how much fun it was to recognize them. It was....

The thing that hooked me first was the humor, and the phrases and gestures I hadn't heard or seen for so long.

Tony's crazy mother, book dumb/street smart/heart of gold wearing spandex Adriana, the "What? No f*cking baked ziti?", the Pine Barrens and boardwalk in Asbury Park.

By that time, I was into the story.

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:36 pm
Yeah, BBB, just watch CNN or MSNBC or especially Fox News and you get to see, or hear about, live crime as it is being commited.

Ossso, how much violence is there? I've heard lots of good things about the Sopranos, but I really can't take violence. Do you still have the DVD's? If we could watch together, you could tell when not to watch and when to also cover my ears if the hitting and killing become so moist that my imagination takes over even without being able to see.

The splats, sounds of bloody wounds being made even bloodier, the sound of bones being broken.....no, my imagination is way too active and visual for that.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:44 pm
Diane wrote:
Yeah, BBB, just watch CNN or MSNBC or especially Fox News and you get to see, or hear about, live crime as it is being commited.

Unlike those criminals, the Sopranos have character. Seems to be a Mafia thing. The Corleones in Godfather had character too, as did the, well, good fellas in Scorsese's Goodfellas.

Diane wrote:
Ossso, how much violence is there?

Quite a lot, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much as it does in other shows. I can't guarantee it won't be too much for you, but the other stuff Osso mentioned makes them well worth a try. Squinney, for example, has one of the softest, most good-natured temperaments I've ever witnessed; she loves the Sopranos too.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:47 pm
um...reading above Diane....maybe you shouldn't watch.

You're not a tough Jersey Girl like me.

One of the best muscle scenes was when Furio (from the old country), marched into the storefront whorehouse with his baseball bat. Tony had sent him over to talk to the "manager", who wasn't paying his protection money. First though he had to get past the guys Asian wife, who was screaming bloody murder at him...for a little while at least.

THAT was some seriously good acting.

sigh.....good times.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:56 pm
Actually , Union NJ is much less violent than Albaturkey. The mob keeps the riff raff in check. Kids can play on the streets, (and collect their gambling debts)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
I've been tv-less for years now, hardly watching at all even when I still had one, with few shows that I've read about that I've been sorry I missed. The Sopranos was one of those, for the writing.. (Yeh, I know I can get the dvds, but I'm busy reviewing italian films... and then french, and then japanese...), and then I might like to see some of my fav BBC series again, like House of Cards.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:29 pm
Actually, farmerman is right. There are lots of gangs here, more now that they are moving here from the tougher laws in California.

Albuquerque was named third in favorite cities in the US. The only drawback was the crime rate.

Reading books with violence in them is easier because I can scan down until I no longer see words like splat, bloody guts, brains on the wall, you all get the picture.

I'll stick with the Italian films for now. Besides, we don't have HBO.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » life in new mexico (Sopranos)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:25:08