My Neighbour Plan 2007

msolga

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:14 am
Montana wrote:
littlek wrote:
uhoh..... and the bad side of rurality is evident in M's neighbors.

I like the sunflower idea!

Yeah, mom and I laugh about it and talk about how thrilled we're going to be as the plants get higher and higher Laughing

Nah, scrap the sunflower plan!
A thick jungle is required for this situation!
The sort you need a machete to get through!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:08 am
ironicbliss wrote:
I love those ideas...especially the story telling stuff!! But have you ever tried just being honest, going over there and very clearly letting them know that its really important to you and yours to have privacy, and that when you garden you love the quiet time, though its sweet of her to think you may like company you'd acually prefer it if they would not come over un-invited. Thats her...now when the man looks at your ass I would say "It makes me uncomfortable when you stare at me, please stop it." And walk away. Let him think about it. Because he probably won't bitch to his wife about that one...
I know it may sound difficult to do that, but there's still just the other side of the sunflowers, and there's still the yelling across the yard (!?!), and the ass ogling; in my experience honesty works on two levels. It empowers you, and scares them away. Laughing
This is spoken by a woman who has done this with a few annoying neighbors and now wouldn't mind having someone to borrow an egg from!! Laughing Laughing

I would go that route if I honestly thought it would work. See my mothers cousins father use to own this land, so moms cousin seems to think he has some kind of rights to our property.

We have lane that runs in front of our house, which has only our house and theirs on it. We own the lane, but they have a right of way.
A few years back, John decided to tell the guy that was clearing our snow in the winter that he was going to do it from now on.
The guy that use to do it had a tractor with a snow blower attachment, which blew the snow away from the lane, but John decided to put a regular plow on his pick up truck and plow himself. He told us what he was doing after the fact and I knew it would be a problem because the lane isn't wide enough for a regular plow.
Well, no sooner did he put the plow on his truck, he decided that the lane wasn't wide enough so he's been attempting to widen the lane by tearing apart the edges of our lawn with his plow in the winter and driving on the edges in the summer. Our lawn looks like **** because of this and again, I've kept my mouth shut for moms sake.

After mom saw what he did to the lawn after the snow melted, she's FINALLY gotten pissed off herself and she's just about at the point where she'll be the one giving me the heads up in going over there to speak my mind.
We've decided we're going to call someone else to do our snow removal from now on and I told my mother that if he doesn't stop destroying our property, I'm suing them for the damages, so at least she knows that I'm at the end of my rope with them.

They also have a dog that barks at me all the time and they think it's cute.

If I thought they were being neighbourly, it wouldn't be quite as bad, but they are just plain nosy and I think it so rude.

Mom knows I'm about to blow my stack with them and she's finally staring to realize that it might not be a bad thing. This is a step in the right direction.
I still want fenses and will have fences, but we are seriously considering selling the house and just moving elsewhere where we're not surrounded by family.

Personally, I could care less about family crap. People are people and if you're in my face, I get you out of it. Only out of respect for my mother do I keep my mouth shut.

I will get them out of my face, but it surely isn't a pleasant thing, especially since I hate disputes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:09 am
msolga wrote:
Montana wrote:
littlek wrote:
uhoh..... and the bad side of rurality is evident in M's neighbors.

I like the sunflower idea!

Yeah, mom and I laugh about it and talk about how thrilled we're going to be as the plants get higher and higher Laughing

Nah, scrap the sunflower plan!
A thick jungle is required for this situation!
The sort you need a machete to get through!

Yeah, that would be real nice ;-)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:53:38