Why women never take out the trash

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:33 pm
According to a recent poll of of my neighborhood 80 percent of married women never take out the trash or change the oil in their own cars. (Let alone rotate their tyres

Is that why women get married? They evolve from their dads doing their chores to their husbands doing them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,196 • Replies: 33
No top replies

squinney

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:38 pm
Not exactly.

See, we COULD do those things, but when we have ya'll so wll trained... why would we?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:42 pm
squinney wrote:
Not exactly.

See, we COULD do those things, but when we have ya'll so wll trained... why would we?
Exactly.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:46 pm
The sad thing is that the fact that men now have to change diapers is a sign of progress...

Equality? Yeah right.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:46 pm
When we lived in NY, Mr. P. always took out the trash. The first day that we moved to Florida, I took it out. From that day forward, it became MY job! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:47 pm
Because we're too busy changing the toilet paper rolls.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:48 pm
Aw, just do it, Dys. Builds character, or something.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:49 pm
Now, the thing is 95.7 million is the number of unmarried and single Americans. This group comprises 43 percent of all U.S. residents. If this trend (more than a trend I think) continues/remains then all the old stereotypes and men vs women household chores are out the window. I would guess that half the adults I know are single for one reason or another and they (men and women alike) adapt quite easily to managing activities of daily living without gender bias. This ain't 1950 anymore.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:51 pm
roger wrote:
Aw, just do it, Dys. Builds character, or something.

Hehe! Roger knows how to get the cheese. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:51 pm
This topic (if noone noticed) is a rebuttal to the topic "Why men never do laundry."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:03 pm
martybarker wrote:

... and putting it on RIGHT!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:03 pm
I think men should take out the trash, do the laundry, rub our feet, fix stuff, do the dishes and not complain about it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:04 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Now, the thing is 95.7 million is the number of unmarried and single Americans. This group comprises 43 percent of all U.S. residents. If this trend (more than a trend I think) continues/remains then all the old stereotypes and men vs women household chores are out the window. I would guess that half the adults I know are single for one reason or another and they (men and women alike) adapt quite easily to managing activities of daily living without gender bias. This ain't 1950 anymore.

Either that or all those single gals just ask their neighbour if something technical needs to be done.

Hey, thats what I do, and I aint even a woman.

I do take my own trash out tho.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:46 pm
squinney wrote:
Not exactly.

typical.... i need the man to do the work... but COSMO says I have to be a modern woman who can do anything a man can do.... so I say that I COULD but I don't want to... because COSMO tells me to... I'm making COSMO rich..... COSMO is run by men...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:47 pm
martybarker wrote:
I think men should take out the trash, do the laundry, rub our feet, fix stuff, do the dishes and not complain about it.

we'd be at your beck and call if you gave up some head and prentended to be enthusastic about sex on a regular basis... just PRETEND.... we don't care if you really mean it....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:48 pm
dyslexia wrote:
This topic (if noone noticed) is a rebuttal to the topic "Why men never do laundry."

I noticed right away.... but I love playing along at home....
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:51 pm
squinney wrote:
martybarker wrote:

... and putting it on RIGHT!

For all you men out there....the toilet paper goes on so the paper rolls off the top.

Do they put it on wrong just to get us to do it?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:52 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
martybarker wrote:

we'd be at your beck and call if you gave up some head and prentended to be enthusastic about sex on a regular basis... just PRETEND.... we don't care if you really mean it....

Careful, you could be opening up a whole new can of worms mister!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:55 pm
Pffft. Three single people living here, the women do most of the heavy lifting. The only reason he takes out the trash more than we do is that he thinks it's full before we do.

We clean the drains, take out the recycling, change the lightbulbs, fix the radiators........
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:12 pm
littlek wrote:
Pffft. Three single people living here, the women do most of the heavy lifting. The only reason he takes out the trash more than we do is that he thinks it's full before we do.

We clean the drains, take out the recycling, change the lightbulbs, fix the radiators........

Yes Kris I'm sure you do, my intended point was that the very old stereotypes are, at best trite and meaningless and should be ignored, Ward and June are dead, may they rest in peace. ( I do laundry and dishes and whatever needs to be done and so does Diane).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why women never take out the trash
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 10:42:55