Pirates #3

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 02:42 pm
Just saw this yesterday. Loved this one just as much as the first two. Very exciting and action-packed.

I'm betting there will be a 4th. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,580 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 03:13 pm
I heard it had good special effects, but it was hard to follow the story.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 03:15 pm
I thought there would be no others in the series.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:01 pm
I thought the fountain of youth-thing was a crude reference to monty python, as one of the pirate lords was the guy who played the women in monty python.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:33 pm
Leaving to go see it now!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:51 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I heard it had good special effects, but it was hard to follow the story.

It was perhaps a wee muddled, but I caught on to it after a while....but I'm a bit dense when it comes to movie plots sometimes.

All in all, my wife and I had a good time.

hehe, Keith Richards didn't even need much make-up. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:53 pm
I bet gus could have played one of the characters with no makeup also.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:41 am
Crying or Very sad Sold out, Saw Disterbia instead---almost crapped my pants
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:42 am
Just wanted to follow marty around for a bit, cause shes kinda cute and my wifes not home.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:44 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:46 am
martybarker wrote:
Crying or Very sad Sold out, Saw Disterbia instead---almost crapped my pants

Did ya take a spare pair of shorts with ya? :wink:
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:12 pm
At 2 hours and 48 minutes,this is another enjoyable romp with "Captain" Jack Sparrow and his motley crew.It sails along at a rate of knots.The SFX are spot-on,seeing as there's so much water (very hard to do convincingly in CG),as are the scenes where....
a pair of ships are fighting it out on the edge of a maelstrom.
a ship going over the edge of the world.
the final 3 ship battle (equal to and,in parts,better than Master And Commander.

I have enjoyed all 3 of these Disney films,based on their theme-park ride.There's talk of a POTC4,but,IMHO,the franchise is running out of steam.No matter how much money this film makes,this is the perfect time to let "the world to sail into the sunset".As thespians say "Always leave them wanting more".
But,if they do a POTC4,my bum will be back on seat 21,row A in the Royal Circle of The Odeon,Leicester Square,just to see what happens next.
BTW,stay in your seat while the credits roll as there is an extra couple of minutes added.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:31 pm
We went today, and my 11 year old was in heaven - she adores Johnny Depp, so for her the movie was "the best ever" which she said about
Pirates movie # 1 and # 2 also.

It certainly was entertaining, however I have no clue about the storyline
except they were all pirates Cool
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:53 pm
disturbia....that's sounds like a nice family film

I really loved the first pirates movie.

When we rented the dvd of the 2nd one, I don't think either one of us ever ended up watching it. I thought Johnny Depp sold himself out acting all goofy. was too commercialized.

figured the 3rd one would be even more so.

pity, because I really like Depp as an actor.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:50 am
Chai wrote:
When we rented the dvd of the 2nd one, I don't think either one of us ever ended up watching it. I thought Johnny Depp sold himself out acting all goofy. was too commercialized.

figured the 3rd one would be even more so.

pity, because I really like Depp as an actor.

Depp revealed at one point that his character in the series was inspired by Keith Richards' personality (who had a cameo in Part 3). So, I think your comment is misplaced. If you didn't like his character, fair enough, but I don't think he sold out.

Will he make lots of money? Sure, but that goes for any big block buster, like Star Wars, for example.

I liked all 3 movies equally well myself. Each would be a good movie in their own rights.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:56 am
oh yeah, I know he modeled his character after Richards...Depp is a very good impersonator.

As a matter of fact, before the first one came out, I was wondering what acting like Richards would look like.

When Depp walked down that gangplank in the first scene...I howled with laughter, it was so dead on.

Maybe saying sold out IS too strong. I'll try to phrase this better...Depp can be very funny, obviously, however, there's always a restraint in his behavior when he's being funny, a control. One that says "there's more to me than this"....while watching the 2nd film, at some point he just didn't display that restraint at all, and it became strictly slapstick. I could laugh at Depp in the first one, but during the 2nd it seemed he had just lost his dignity and did what "the man" wanted him to do.

I heard in the first one he didn't always do what "the man" expected, and that rebeliousness shown through. A little bit of "going through the motions"

I dunno, that's just my take. As I've said before, I rarely watch movies, but there are a few actors, like Johnny Depp, Kevin Spacey to name a couple off the top of my head, that I watch each and every little movement they make, because they do it with such skill.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:22 am
Story was very complicated. So didnt follow the film much.

I still prefer Pirates #1.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:58 am
Anybody else see the third pirate movie now?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:52 am
Yes, we have, and we liked it!! I couldn't make out a storyline though,
but I still enjoyed it. It has good effects and is exactly what you expect
from a pirate movie.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:53 am
Wimped out of the near 3 hour marathon last night and saw 28 weeks later which was fantastic!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pirates #3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:24:37