Locking 'Affirmative Action'

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 01:08 am
Someone convene the Grand Jury and take depositions. Let's get to the bottom of this. Someone obviously isn't telling the truth here. Either the moderators just closed the thread for kicks and jollies, and Craven is supporting them in that endeavor, or there really was a problem in which the moderators reacted so swiftly that no incriminating trails of evidence were left behind, thereby leaving us innocent bystanders to speculate and gossip as to the dastardly motives and conspiracies that go on between moderators at the water cooler. Impeach Craven now! It is all his fault! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 11:27 am
<Suspicious-looking woman, with distinct Southern drawl takes the stand--refusing to put her hand on the Bible, saying, "I won't swear on the Bible. If you want to bring in an Encyclopedia Brittanica, I won't put my hand on that, either. Its a silly practice. I will tell the truth, however."

The judge casts a despairing, pained look at the woman--nods to the bailiff--and signals the beginning of the proceedings.>

Sofia, were you at the scene of the thread in question?

S: Yes.

Were you among the last posters before the thread was locked?

S: Yes.

Did you see any inflammatory posts on the day of the thread closure, which were of a nature, as to lock a thread?

S: No. But, different strokes...

Did you see any posts on that day, that were deleted prior to the lock?

S: No. And I was pretty close to the thread. It could have happened, but I think it was unlikely, because I was looking for responses.

Do you know why the thread was closed?

S: No. But I have a theory. I think a mod or two saw the direction of the thread--and possibly took into account that two of the three participants had recently engaged in discussion, which resulted in the temporary exile of one of the members. I think the decision to lock the thread was pre-emptive, premature, but well-intentioned.

Objection!! Your Honor, I didn't ask for a theory! Objection!

S: Actually, before I logged out, I PMed one of the participants, who was on the opposing side (seemingly) of my comments, and told them I hoped we could complete the conversation without getting personally unhappy...

That is all! Objection!

.S: ..because I think adults should be able to discuss thorny issues without getting personal,...

Strike those comments from the record! Nobody asked for an editorial comment from the witness!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 11:39 am
Exhibit #1--
My PM to one of the participants--the exact identity not revealed, as even though I wrote this, I don't think PMs should be revealed due to the other person's privacy. (But, this doesn't reveal anything about the recipient.)
--------------------
To: ***
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:41 pm
Subject: Uh-oh.
I'm getting off-line for a few, but I wanted to speak to you before I go.

I see a convo between you, ***--and me-- seems to be headed for deep water.

I wanted you to know I think the conversation can be had without negative, personal stuff-- And, I'm hoping that's what will happen. Your views are important to me, and probably many more people. I didn't want you to feel you were being 'piled on' or anything.

Just a positive line before my daughter knocks me away from my keyboard...

See ya.
-----------------
Butrflynet-- (Since you are the primary investigator)
Note the time of my PM. 4:41PM on the day in question.
I got off the board immediately after sending this PM.

Anybody could've posted anything after this time, and I wouldn't have known. But, I was watching the thread closely up until that time.

(PS--I am having fun. My content doesn't in any way mean I doubt the veracity of our mods, or that I am trying to circumvent them, or any such bad thing.) :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 02:54 pm
Yore Honah, ah'm willin' to stip-you-late that the pree-vious witness is mentally unstable, in ordah to preh-serve that testimony . . .

(No, no, hush Miss Sofia, siddown, an' we'll keep this rollin' . . . )
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 03:51 pm
Bart: Satan, Eat My Shorts!
I was a sinner, a real bad kid.
What thou shalt not, I shalt did.
Neighbours cat I tried to neuter,
took a whizz on the school computer.
Sherri & Terri: He took a whizz, oh yes he did!
Bart: But now I've changed, you can't deny,
come on up - and testify!
Sherri & Terri: Testify! Testify! Come on up and testify!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 12:19 pm
Mental stability is overrated.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 12:22 pm
A salient point . . . ah move for a dismissal yer honah . . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 01:52:56