Wearing the same dress as someone else ...

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:40 am
Eoe--

I also wonder about that use of the word "gay".

Linkat--

What do you mean?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:49 am
Setanta wrote:
I never, ever wear the Sweetie Pie Girl's knickers. I do suspect, though, that she might occasionally wear my boxer shorts.

<checking>
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:15 pm
I think when she says "gay" she means "really lame"

am I right linkat?

You're right...man and woman dressing alike is really gay.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:21 pm
Like this is soooooo......gay.

even worse, it's from Sears.

http://www.foreignmego.com/plaid/uncool.jpg
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 02:34 pm
I don't get the use of the term gay to describe that Sears photo. It's not a happy or jolly shirt nor is it particularly trendy or overly stylish, two instances which I've heard the term used.
Sorry to belabor but I'm really curious.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 02:49 pm
In this context I don't think "gay" means "I approve of homosexual marriage".
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 02:51 pm
I used the term to mean "That's so lame", even when talking to someone who's gay.

Let's see what Urban Dictionary has to say....

That is SOOOOOO gay.

see.....it's also listed as "generic insult...as in, that shirt is so gay"

I try to stay cutting edge.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 02:55 pm
Yer avatar is so gay . . . you ignorant slut . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:23 pm
When Bears second daughters wedding approached I tried for over a month to find out what her Mother would be wearing. I kept asking and everyone seemed to brush it off as "I dunno. Wear what you want. What's the big deal?"

I insisted o knowing and finally got "Her dress is blue, I think."

Following the ceremony Gail came up and gave me a hug and said "Well, don't we have great taste?" I didn't get what she meant at first but then... Yep, exact same dress! I was so embarrassed! But, she laughed it off and said not to worry about it. She knew I'd been asking and hadn't bought it until a few days before, so how could I have known?

Grandma always said that one is not to wear the same dress as the bride, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride / groom, the Queen or the First Lady. Other than that, you assume YOU bought your first and the other person should have checked with you. Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:34 pm
So you didn't follow the beagle the other day because you were wearing the same as Thomas: socks and ... Shocked
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:42 pm
If it is such an offense to be seen at the same gathering wearing the same dress then where in the world did the tradition of dressing all the bridesmaid in bulletproof fashion disasters come from?
http://www.couturebridals.com/images/286and2732.JPG

Joe(yipes cool aid orange)Nation
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:43 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RiXM9Tb1X8

warning: potty mouth.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:55 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
If it is such an offense to be seen at the same gathering wearing the same dress then where in the world did the tradition of dressing all the bridesmaid in bulletproof fashion disasters come from?
http://www.couturebridals.com/images/286and2732.JPG

Joe(yipes cool aid orange)Nation

Baby, if you think these frocks are bridesmaids disasters, you haven't lived. Wish I could show you a true disaster but of course, I've burned them all. Photos too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:07 pm
My mother wore the same dress as President Vaclav Havel's wife Olga sometimes in 1990. It was shortly after the revolution and garderobe was limited, so it wasn't certainly causing any media attention, much less hysteria as it tends to here at high level events. They took pictures together, had quite a blast, really.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:12 pm
My favorite party dress is just like Dag's . . . but with my cute little butt, i look much better in it than she does . . . i'm compassionate, though--i would never wear it to a party if i knew Dag was going to be there, just to be on the safe side . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:16 pm
Setanta and i once wore the same frock to an afternoon tea, I nearly died.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:18 pm
Thank Dog he wasn't packin' heat that day . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:20 pm
Re: Wearing the same dress as someone else ...
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Every woman who attends a (formal) party sems the same concern: what if someone else shows up in the same dress? ...

Men, I think, take it more easily: where did YOU get it? What did YOU pay for it ...

So true. Just the other night, I was out wearing my favourite dress and there was this guy in the same thing; but thats all we said, "where did YOU get it? What did YOU pay for it?"

Well that plus we decided that honestly, the thing was just soo gay.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:19 pm
Setanta wrote:
My favorite party dress is just like Dag's . . . but with my cute little butt, i look much better in it than she does . . . i'm compassionate, though--i would never wear it to a party if i knew Dag was going to be there, just to be on the safe side . . .

dyslexia wrote:
Setanta and i once wore the same frock to an afternoon tea, I nearly died.

nimh wrote:

So true. Just the other night, I was out wearing my favourite dress and there was this guy in the same thing; but thats all we said, "where did YOU get it? What did YOU pay for it?"

============================================================

dlowan wrote:
In my considerable experience, there just ain't no way of keeping Aussie men out of frocks.

It would appear that its not just aussie men.

dlowan wrote:
I don't think we're likely to get to the knicker stage, are we?

A boy can dream cant he?

Sadly I think you may be right though. Why would an articulate, sensual woman such as yourself be interested in a dried up backwoods, wombat such as myself. (Thats a statement not a question)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:27 pm
dadpad wrote:
Why would an articulate, sensual woman such as yourself be interested in a dried up backwoods, wombat such as myself. (Thats a statement not a question)

Because you're a MARRIED wombat.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:30:38