To Become Permanently Mega Wealthy

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:34 am
nu uh it wouldn't.

It wouldn't insulate you from emotional pain.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:34 am
Chai wrote:
nu uh it wouldn't.

It wouldn't insulate you from emotional pain.

conscience....let's don't argue semantics....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:36 am
let us speak the language of love
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:37 am
no, not conscience.

What if you loved someone deeply, and they didn't return that love, or had it, then lost their love for you?

That would be painful, and no amount of money can force someone to love you.

It might make some people pretend, but that would be no substitute for the real thing.

That would be a problem.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:41 am
Chai wrote:
no, not conscience.

What if you loved someone deeply, and they didn't return that love, or had it, then lost their love for you?

That would be painful, and no amount of money can force someone to love you.

It might make some people pretend, but that would be no substitute for the real thing.

That would be a problem.

yeah but all that money would be an effective painkiller.... Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:42 am
patiodog wrote:
let us speak the language of love

i'm a bit hard of hearing so ladies, please use your hands....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:45 am
BPB needs to drop into the Evil Genie game....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:46 am
DrewDad wrote:
BPB needs to drop into the Evil Genie game....

you lost me dude...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:47 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72043&highlight=
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:01 am
Unfortunatelly studies show that rich people are no happier than the mortals. We people are such that if we don't have problems, we create them.
The poor dears struggle with meaning of life, their role in the world (must be tough to not have to work at all), have all sorts of identity crises and depressions. They took to self-help groups for the godawfully rich where they discuss such. Plus, we humans get used to anything - from the gallows to the super riches. After the initial excitement wears off, you're onto inventing problems and being just as miserable as the pauvres.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:06 am
Ya basta, people -- the question is simply, "Would you kill someone if you were guaranteed to get away with it?"

We all know how miserable rich people are.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:10 am
dagmaraka wrote:

The poor dears struggle with meaning of life, their role in the world (must be tough to not have to work at all), have all sorts of identity crises and depressions. They took to self-help groups for the godawfully rich where they discuss such.

The rich also deal with spousal abuse, child abute, incest, having mentally retarded children, being abused by an alcoholic parent, alzheimers, death of children, spouses, siblings and friends.

Their legs and arms get amputated, they fall from horses and get paralyzed from the neck down. Their homes get destroyed in tornados, earthquakes and hurricanes. When a plane crashes, they die in first class as quickly as those sitting in coach.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:14 am
Yeah, but would you kill someone for all the money you and your next for generations would ever need?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:18 am
squinney wrote:
Yeah, but would you kill someone for all the money you and your next for generations would ever need?

So, by way of answering, you are arguing the merits of wealth vs. the morality of killing. If you thought that killing was absolutely wrong, whether or not it was worth the payoff would be irrelevant. Thus, I can only conclude that the folks arguing from this point might be willing to kill for some reward, just not this one.

Right?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:19 am
It depends who id be killing.

I'd do it if the person targetted was what i would deem as not worthy of life. And yes i know i dont really have that right, but hey, all the money in the world!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:22 am
squinney wrote:

I'm not going to have any next generations.

the Chai line ends here.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:29 am
PD- I already said I wouldn't be able to do it. Even taking "conscience" out of the equation, so far my life has taught me that there's always a consequence. What goes around, comes around. I don't think I, or anyone has the right to take anothers life for their own benefit even if it is a no bid contract that can be rationalized in some way as being for the good of all mankind.

Then again... The past few years have made me question the whole Karma thing. There really doesn't seem to be a cosequence for some.

Okay, I'll qualify my answer with "It depends on who it is I have to kill." :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:34 am
I thought Karma was supposed to be about what happens in one's next life.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:36 am
Nope, in fact I don't believe in inherited wealth. My heirs are going to have to do their own killing if they so choose.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 09:00 am
JPB wrote:
Nope, in fact I don't believe in inherited wealth. My heirs are going to have to do their own killing if they so choose.

Given what you're saying here, I'd watch my back at family picnics.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 05:30:15