Alec Baldwin's Nasty Phone Message

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:20 pm
Alec Baldwin left this phone message for his eleven year old daughter.

Abusive? Or a justifiably fed-up Dad?

Personally, I thought "rude little pig" was over the line.

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,168 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:21 pm
C'mon people! Answer my post!

You've done this to me time and time again!

DAMMIT!! I'M GONNA FLY OUT THERE AND STRAIGHTEN YOU OUT!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:33 pm
Personally, and I mean that I know I am in a very small minority of Americans when I say this, I do not care one single iota about the private lives of persons who happen to be in the arts. What they do in their spare time, who they are seen with, who they seem to be bedding - none of that has any appeal for me.

Show me their work.

Joe(all the rest is noise)nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:55 pm
Uh....I guess I'd better cancel that subscription to "People" I got you for your birthday then. Embarrassed
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:57 pm
Little brat sure showed him, huh? I feel a bit jealous that we didn't have YouTube when we were kids.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 08:06 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:54 pm
You call this dirt? If this is the worst dirt you can find on this family then they're the Brady Bunch of the 21st century.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:38 pm
The Brady Bunch of the 21st century? That's a pretty sad comment.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:27 am
I heard that rant. The venom with which it was spewed was awful. I can say with confidence that the daughter will carry those words with her for a long, long, time.

Little girls first get a sense of themselves as females from their fathers. If their father is verbally abusive, it may well color the way that the young girl later interacts with men.

Personally, I think that the rant illustrated a man who was out of control, and was having a temper tantrum more in keeping with a little child than and adult and father. Shame on him!

Like Joe, I really don't care about the trials and tribulations of movie stars. I just feel sorry for the young girl, especially now that the whole world knows what her father thinks of her.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 10:55 am
But how does the world know what her father thinks of her? Who made the tape available?

I don't know anything about any of these people either and I'd really rather not, as it's none of my business- but now that I do- I have to say that what I heard was a father who was very, very hurt by his daughter ignoring him. I didn't hear venom- I heard pain.

In terms of rude, little pig- I don't know what to make of that. If she's chubby- it's mean. If she's not and it's just a term he pulled out of the air-let's just say- I can think of worse things my dad could say about me if he was upset and hurt by my behavior.

Who the hell makes this kind of stuff public though? That's the saddest part.
And then that he feels he has to grovel on the View- Jesus- I'd just tell everyone to mind their own damn business- get on the plane- see my kid on the 20th and set everything straight.
Big Deal....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 11:09 am
Phoenix,

Have you ever lost your temper and said things that you didn't mean?

If you have, imagine being famous enough to have you at your worst, saying things you don't really mean in the heat of anger, being broadcast to millions who are only interested because you are a public figure.

I have lost my temper (not that I am proud... just human) but I have found that in a relationship you get the chance to cool down and then make things right-- provided you are put on YouTube first.

I think it is profoundly unfair that this was broadcast so publically. I am not going to make a judgement about what happened since I don't know the full story... and really this is none of my business.

I hope, if it was his daughter who put this on YouTube... that it is made very clear that broadcasting private affairs never happens again.

If it was his ex-wife who did this, it is the rudest of dirty tricks to take advantage of his celebrity to publically embarass him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 11:13 am
I agree with ebrown.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 02:22 pm
Thanks for the great comments everybody!

I'm not usually all that interested in the doings of celebrities either.

But I thought this was a good example of how kids can often get caught in the crossfire between two parents who are engaged in a nasty custody battle. (Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger have been divorced for several years -- and yet their custody battle still rages on.)

I could just imagine how this kid is probably trying to keep both parents happy -- and winds up caught in the middle. She ignores her father's calls to "go along" with her mother. But that makes her father angry, and she gets the brunt of it.

A divorce is hard enough on a child. I only wish that parents who are divorcing would try to grow up and think about what's best for their child. Having access to both parents is important for them -- as long as neither parent is dangerous or destructive.

I believe it was Kim Bassinger who released this tape to the public. I wouldn't have done that. I'd be afraid that it would only hurt my child even more. The phone message was bad enough. This little girl doesn't need everyone in the country knowing about it.

Once again, the kids wind up paying the price when the parents go to war.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 02:50 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
C'mon people! Answer my post!

You've done this to me time and time again!

DAMMIT!! I'M GONNA FLY OUT THERE AND STRAIGHTEN YOU OUT!

So go ahead! Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 02:57 pm
Quote:
Phoenix,

Have you ever lost your temper and said things that you didn't mean?

ebrown_p - Absolutely. I have said some pretty nasty things during my life that I later regretted. The problem is, that Baldwin is is a position peculiar to many parents who are embroiled in a nasty divorce and custody battle. He did not have the opportunity of walking into the girl's room a few minutes later and telling her that he is sorry.

Knowing this, I think that as as adult, he should have held his tongue, even if he were pissed off. After all, he was attacking his child, not for something that she did, but something that she didn't do. I am sure that his feelings were really being directed to his ex wife, but the kid got the brunt of his ire.

If Basinger did release the tapes, I think that she is a lousy mother who is just as culpable as Baldwin. I feel so sorry for the girl.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 03:10 pm
I agree with others' comments in this thread. When you're a celebrity, unfortunately, you're cannon fodder.

this same is true for this recent story about DAVID HASSELHOFF and his daughter taping him drunk.

Very sad, indeed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 09:22 am
sozobe wrote:
I agree with ebrown.

Ditto - I am even more concerned on how this got public.

Although I agree he should not have said such words - I know I have lost it before and said things I shouldn't have. I explained to my children how even adults make mistakes and that I shouldn't have such things.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 04:04 pm
If you think Alec Baldwin is bad check out David Hasselhoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYj6TceYio0&mode=related&search=
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 05:41 pm
stuh505 wrote:
If you think Alec Baldwin is bad check out David Hasselhoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYj6TceYio0&mode=related&search=

See 3 posts up....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:11 pm
You know, I couldn't even watch all of that. That was heart-breaking. Not because of who it was but because it really could have been anybody.

I can't even imagine ever seeing one of my parents in that condition.

I can't imagine Mo ever seeing me or Mr. B like that.

That was truly sad.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Alec Baldwin's Nasty Phone Message
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:58:44