I've totally forgotten the Alamo

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:56 am
I have also forgotten the Maine. I do remember hearing Einsenhower talking about dominos.

How many things do we have to remember?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,198 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:11 am
I don't think we have to remember anything. We just need to sit back and relax, and the rightwingnuts will come along to shame us with the important things we have forgotten.

(Eisenhower also warned us against the military-industrial complex, but i don't think you'll have a lot of conservatives bringing that up.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:33 am
I've forgotten Nixon, Kent State, Iran Contra, Marines blown up in a baracks in Lebanon, wimpy Democrats negotiating with N Korea - - - -
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 12:29 pm
Forgetting the Alamo and the Maine is downright unpatriotic.

I remember both--and the snows of yesteryear.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 12:35 pm
You've forgotten the place that rents cars?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 12:58 pm
Yeesh ! You people need to learn your history.

Alamo'd is the way they serve ice cream in Texas. It all started in a little place called Crockett's Vittles in Bowie back in the 30's.

As fer tha Maine, I heered that wuz one o' dem yankee states up n'year tha pensultuckee.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 03:40 pm
I've completely forgotten the name of that WAVE who gave me the clap in Charletson SC in 1979... that's the closest I ever came to a military injury...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:59 pm
I forgot to wipe.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:20 pm
I've forgotten the unimportant things, like the way I felt the night Bobby Kennedy was shot, and now that my country is lost, it turns out not to have mattered much anyway.

I did forget one of the most important things of my life and now I have to pay the price.

I was supposed to bring home AAA batteries.

I failed to do so.

Joe(There is more joy in Mudville then there is around these parts)Nation
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
(Eisenhower also warned us against the military-industrial complex, but i don't think you'll have a lot of conservatives bringing that up.)

unless of course they're offering stock advice

:wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:26 pm
I forgot to un-gag & un-tie my gimp.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:26 pm
Re: I've totally forgotten the Alamo
ebrown_p wrote:
I have also forgotten the Maine. I do remember hearing Einsenhower talking about dominos.

How many things do we have to remember?

And, will it be on the test?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 11:33 am
...and how much will the test count towards our final grade?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:24 pm
(Hee hee! Good thing I'm just auditing this course!)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 04:42 am
Now I remember the Alamo. It's the funny looking building in San Antonio. It is, or used to be, across from Joske's. They sell curios there.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 04:51 am
Now I've forgotten what a curio is.

Joe(that is curious. I am curious-yellow)Nation
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:34 am
When I was first in San Antonio about 16 years ago, I found the Alamo by mistake - while looking for a fast food place at which to have some lunch. I left Burger King after eating, walked across the street and there it was - a totally underwhelming, drab little building. I remember thinking "this must be like a replica or something of the real thing". Not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:35 am
The big, walled in area is long gone. Just the old mission part remains.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:07 am
I stumbled upon this posting and find it forgettable. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:22 am
snood wrote:
When I was first in San Antonio about 16 years ago, I found the Alamo by mistake - while looking for a fast food place at which to have some lunch. I left Burger King after eating, walked across the street and there it was - a totally underwhelming, drab little building. I remember thinking "this must be like a replica or something of the real thing". Not.

Yeah, true, in todays laser show, blockbuster movie, celebrity obsessed, jaded culture, it does look underwhelming.

When we went to visit it, my initial reaction, was "are you sure this is it? Is this maybe just the entrance"?

But then...going in, it all got very real. Yes it's small, but it made all the more impact of what went on there.

May sound corny, but I felt the ghosts, and their emotions.

http://www.voteprime.com/pics/TheAlamo_lg.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I've totally forgotten the Alamo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:42:13