Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:00 pm
TTH wrote:
I am afried to fly in an airplane

Are you okay flying without one?
0 Replies

ginguh

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:29 pm
To be honest, not much.

The only thing I can think of is being trapped underwater.
I like swimming, and I would try scuba diving if someone offered it to me for free, but i think i owuld be pretty freaked out the whole time. Underwater is kind of creepy, it's like a whole different dimension or world.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 09:58 pm
Your first breaths underwater are a bit scary, but you get used to the breathing apparatus pretty quickly. Switching between breathing with or without a mask can be scary too because you have to mentally prevent yourself from inhaling with your nose at the same time as your mouth. The first time I went down, I ran out of air early (from fooling around) and I had to share a mouth piece with someone else
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 06:40 am
Water....I've known people who dive and use those air tanks.

On several occassions I've tried to put the mouthpiece in my mouth to see what it would feel like to breathe through it. I couldn't even get myself to put the regulator (is that what it's called?) in my mouth.

You'd never get me underwater.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:23 pm
Re: What are you afraid of?
Mame wrote:
[...] I'm not afraid of very much....

What about you? [...]

I've thought about this. I suppose it would be the macho thing to say I'm not scared of nothing, but I do have some fears and worries.

Here's a list, in no particular order:

Dying a slow and painful death.

Being poor and having nothing in my old age.

My oldest daughter being stuck in her crappy relationship forever.

Being blind, in particular, but having major disabilities. I wonder how well I would cope.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:10 pm
I am afraid of heights but love to fly in air plains does that make sense?

I am afraid to drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge! If I do I drive across the bridge in the dark so I cant see how high that I am!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 01:54 am
What I find strange is my friend, who I consider to be extra confident will be scared at things im ok with!!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 03:14 am
im scared of a few things

1.bees, i though i was over this but the other day one flew around me and i started my breakdancing on crack escape manuevers. i guess im not over it Smile

2. other humans controlling or imprisoning me, or otherwwise having leverage on me (aka police, i get harassed every other week almost and every time they pull me over for "jaywalking" or some other bs excuse i have to fight the urge to flee, what a sad state when i fear police more than gangs and crackheads)

3.Not fearing death scares me. this one is a little wierd i know, but i just cant be scared of dying, tortured to death maybe.. but pure and simple death isnt that frightening. i think this has to do with #2 in that if i put value on life someone can use it against me? *shrug*
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:57 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
material girl wrote:
Water-never like it since I was little, no idea why./quote]

standing down wind of material girl...

Ive just got that.

Yuor right actually.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:21:02