Grandma Finds Condom in McDonald's Bag

Reyn

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:52 pm
Quote:
Grandma Finds Condom in McDonald's Bag

Apr 26, 5:31 PM (ET)

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - A grandmother was alarmed to find a condom in a happy meal gift pack bought for her 7-year-old granddaughter at a McDonald's restaurant in New Zealand, local media reported Thursday.

The condom was discovered Tuesday night in a bag that came with Maia Whitaker's meal, which her grandparents bought at a McDonald's outlet in the city of Wellington.

Grandpa Rowan Hutch told The Dominion Post newspaper it was lucky his wife was first to look inside the small sports bag that came with the meal.

She was aghast when she found the green condom and its packet inside the bag, he said.

"I was pretty horrified really. The fact my granddaughter was going to look in the bag and find this thing. It would be difficult to explain, she's only seven," said Hutch.

The outlet quickly swapped the happy meal for a hamburger and pencil case. McDonald's is investigating the find.

Spokeswoman Joanna Redfern-Hardisty said because of its popularity, the previous happy meal gift had sold out at the outlet and prepackaged sports bags were substituted as children's gifts.

One was left unsealed for display purposes and "somehow" had ended up with the customer, she said, without explaining why the condom was present.

http://org23.zorpia.com/0/3020/19329525.ea7ab7.jpg
Grandma Hutch says she was aghast when she found the green condom and its packet inside the happy meal bag. She did ask staff if she could take the "package" home for further research with Grandpa Hutch.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 410 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Captain Irrelevant

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:32 pm
Ever read 'Fast food nation'? I'd rather a green condom than the irradiated cow fecies you commonly (and legally) get in a burger.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:38 pm
There was a late afternoon, several years ago, that after walking the city of Rome for most of the day, we got back to the Circo Massimo, not very far from our Aventine hotel. I flopped down on the sloping hillside and stretched out - I shouldn'a..... and wouldn'a, had I looked more carefully at the grass...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:40 pm
They don't call it a "happy meal" for nothing!

Okay, okay. That was a bad joke considering happy meals are for kids. I don't "do" MacDonalds often but I usually get a happy meal when I go there.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Grandma Finds Condom in McDonald's Bag
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:32:19