A really good TV Listings website!

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:28 pm
I've just found a really good site that has TV listings for the U.S. and Canada. For those that are not familar with it, I think you'll like it.

Clink link:

Zap 2 It TV listings

You plug in your Zip or Postal Code, and then your service provider to get the listings for your area.

The reason I like it so much is because the listing is very customizable. You can set it up so you only see the TV channels that you want to see.

Then, you can adjust for either a 3 hour or 6 hour view.

Finally, you can set whether or not you want to see the program write-up or not.

Try it out, I don't think you'll regret it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 787 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:19 pm
Reyn, nice find.

Thanks!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 05:36 am
Thanks, Reyn. I have already put it on my desktop!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:49 am
You're welcome! Happy to share.

What prompted this was that I was using TV Guide. Well, a while ago, they changed the way that their listing are loading and doesn't seem to work very well for me, for whatever reason. So, I went on a big listings hunt, and voila! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:15 am
Excepting they aren't listing some HD channels on my Time Warner digital and have my area mis-marked to begin with. I've never tried the TV Guide Website and I think you have to pay for it, but not sure. The one important channel they are missing is Movie INHD, one I consistantly check on my programming screen. Of course, with a DVR, I have to use it to highlight and record what I want to watch later. Otherwise, a good site but they should update their data because excluding HD channels is putting them far behind the times.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:18 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
[...] I've never tried the TV Guide Website and I think you have to pay for it, but not sure.

No, the TV Guide listings are free.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:30 pm
I think I have been on their site many moons ago but they also did not have correct data on the line-up for optical/digital wired Orange County area, actually shows as "Garden Grove rewire." I get an E mail with the INHD programming and there's also the MOJO HD network channel which as a lot of the restored vintage movies in hi-def. It's like seeing them on the screen when they were first in theaters. Your guide doesn't show any of those channels.

Actually, I wish there were more hi-deg than there is. My HBO is and that's how I enjoyed "Rome," "Carnivale," "Deadwood" and now the end series of "The Sopranos."

In one of the CE trade magazines there was criticism of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD 's current catalog of released films, to the fact that too many of the vintage films were in need of some restoration to show off any improvement in hi-def. That's been something I've gotten into discussion with customers, especially those who insist they want a 1080p Plasma, LCD or DLP display.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:37 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

Actually, I wish there were more hi-deg than there is. My HBO is and that's how I enjoyed "Rome," "Carnivale," "Deadwood" and now the end series of "The Sopranos."

I really liked "The Hill", on HBO. Does anyone know if it is coming back?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A really good TV Listings website!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:19:55