Question on Gmail

Quincy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:31 pm
I was just printing a doc from an email in my gmail account, when i noticed for the first the ads and links on the right. They were mostly topics on physics, which are topics I am interested in. How did the people at google fidure that one out. Is it from what I google at google.com, or is it from what I type in my emails, or what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 638 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:59 pm
those are more than likely tracking cookies -- more than likely from the websites you go to..perhaps with Google. if it bothers you, you can remove them...use Adaware and spybot software.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 04:42 pm
Also, if you have a Google account (which you have by default if you have GMail) or use the Google Toolbar, Google tracks the heck out of you. Every search you submit is tracked and kept. The ads you get are often based on your search history.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:36 pm
I read somewhere that the ads are based on what you type in your e-mails, and the kind of, if any, newsletters etc. you receive.
0 Replies

newsn01

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:19 am
i find the some fact,i just think that's come from the email content which u are writing~
0 Replies