The taxman cometh

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
What I love about Turbo Tax is that you can import stuff from your brokerage account, and it puts everything in the right place. I used to do my mom's return on Turbo Tax. Hers was much simpler than ours, but I was able to get a good sense of what the program can do.

My husband is from the old school. He likes (and claims that he hates) to do everything by hand. It is a standing joke between the two of us. I keep telling him that I am going to buy him a tall stool and a green visor! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:45 pm
Well, it's a good thing I didn't wait until next weekend. It turns out that I need to get more info on a stock sale that I never bought or sold. Company X was spun off from a company we do have stock in and then Company X was sold resulting in income. I have no idea what my cost basis was to determine my gain, if any.

But, the real kicker is that my daughter r'cd a W-2 this year from her first job. We r'cd a corrected W2 in the mail about a month ago. The problem is that her name, address, and social security number are all wrong on the corrected W2! I spoke with the accountant who prepared the W2. I think I woke him up. I'm not sure what his native language is, but it isn't English. We had some communication difficulties. We have a week to get it straightened out.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:03 pm
What in the hell is a refund?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:06 pm
Dunno, 2packs, I have seen one in decades. I am quite encouraged that it looks like we'll be sending in a three-digit check this year compared to the whomper we had to send last year. It almost seems like a refund to be able to pay the bill out of the regular checking account.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:27 pm
3 digits....wow, nice.

Last year we broke the 5 digit mark...yeah ouch...my blood pressure just went up about 60pts....have I mentioned that I hate the Fed...grumble, grumble.....anyway....this year, things are looking much brighter.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:30 pm
Yeah, that would hurt. I try to do enough regular withholding to keep it sane, but last year was a choker for me too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The taxman cometh
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 06:54:31