Bookmarking Problem with Firefox

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 08:15 pm
Tough time, eh? Two problems in a week.

OK, this time out the problem is that when I try to add a page to bookmarks and click okay, nothing happens. I keep clicking and nothing happens.

In the last few days I have added Google Reader, Furl, Del.icio.us extensions to my browser, and I am suspecting one of them has screwed it up.

So, well, I went to Mozilla's official site and this is what they recommend:

[quote]
If you encounter strange problems relating to bookmarks, downloads, window placement, toolbars, history, or other settings, it is recommended that you try creating a new profile and attempting to reproduce the problem before filing bugs. Create a new profile by running Firefox with the -P command line argument, choose the "Manage Profiles" button and then choose "Create Profile...". Migrate your settings files (Bookmarks, Saved Passwords, etc) over one by one, checking each time to see if the problems resurface. If you do find a particular profile data file is causing a problem, file a bug and attach the file.

[/quote]

I have no idea how to do that. Can anyone guide me? And if you know how to fix the original problem, please.

Thanks!

ETA: Please don't suggest me to re-install. I have done that to no avail.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 619 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 06:17 am
Completely close Firefox and then restart Firefox in safe mode.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
A window called Firefox Safe Mode with some troubleshooting options will appear. Select the option Reset toolbars and controls (should be second one down) and choose Make Changes and Restart. If that doesn't solve the problem, then you need to delete the localstore.rdf file.
Close Firefox and Start> Run> type: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles open the default folder default.xxx and delete the file.
( could be xxx.default for some. xxx are numbers and letters)
The above location if for windows xp.
Do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder by mistake, the one to delete is in the Application Data folder that is hidden.
0 Replies