Chicago Suit Charges 'Negligent Dancing'

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 12:09 pm
Quote:
Chicago Suit Charges 'Negligent Dancing'

Apr 3, 9:12 AM (ET)

CHICAGO (AP) - A woman is suing her dance partner, claiming he dropped her on her head after flipping her into the air at an office party.

Lacey Hindman, 22, was a victim of "negligent dancing," says her lawyer, David M. Baum.

In the suit, Hindman claims that during a party at a Chicago bar and restaurant in April 2006, David Prange grabbed her by the forearms and tossed her in the air, and then she crashed to the wood floor.

"I was in the air, over him," Hindman said. "I fell hard enough you could hear the impact of me hitting the floor over the sound from the jukebox."

Hindman said in the suit, filed in Cook County Circuit Court, that she suffered a fractured skull and brain injuries. She is seeking damages for medical bills and lost wages for time missed from work.

Hindman worked for Prange's wife, Kate Prange, at Shop Girl, a women's boutique.

There was no immediate response to a call seeking comment from David Prange on Tuesday.

Well, doesn't this open up a whole new can of worms? How about being sued for bad dancing? Loss of enjoyment at a dance, etc? :wink:

http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~alan/SIGGRAPH/S2002/party_scary.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 372 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 12:15 pm
http://i12.tinypic.com/2hqtjbo.jpg

source: Chicago Sun-Times, 03.04.07, page 3
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 12:49 pm
This one time at a party, this guy, about 6 foot 8 or even taller....huge...like a football player....decided I was flirting with him..probably because I was sitting there amazed at how much he was drinking (big guy like that could really slug them down)

Someone said something about a chiropractor, and he said to me (as an excuse to grab me I'm sure ) "Hey, I can crack your back"!

uh oh....I'm 5'2" and at the time weighed about 105 pounds soaking wet.

Not a good thing....He picked me up like a rag doll and squeeeeezed...when I screamed, he thought I was just being shy.

help help....oh help....you're hurting me.....oh help....

someone convinced him to put me down....then he started turning into an ugly drunk because for some reason I didn't want to be near him. In fact, I was trying to put as many people between him and me as possible.

I was laid up for a few days, I shoulda sued his ass.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 02:34 pm
Perhaps the old knee or foot to the groin move would have convinced him that you meant business.

Some guys are just ugly, and I don't mean in the physical sense.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Chicago Suit Charges 'Negligent Dancing'
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:41:08